Chapter_two

___ Happy Reading ___

️ ♣️♣️♣️

"You're not a resident here?"

The question slipped from the lips of the young policeman who was driving.

Nearly twenty minutes had passed since they left the pier with no one speaking.

Both of them felt awkward, especially Sean because it still felt so unfamiliar. He regretted for not contacting friends in town. Just remembered after the car brought by the captain drove on the main street of Haibian Rd.

I should have called Paul.. But he must be busy at work..

Sean sighed. Now he was trapped alone in a police car that he did not know at all.

That question was only answered with a nod and a faint murmur.

The police captain seemed to understand the awkwardness felt by the sweet person he was carrying around aimlessly. Slightly clearing his throat, he asked the question again.

"If I may know.. What is your name?"

"Sean.. Sean Xiao.."

"You have a good name," the captain smiled.  "I'm Zhang Bin. Vin is my nickname."

"Vin? A bit far from the real name," Sean frowned.

The police captain named Vin let out a crisp laugh.

“Everyone says so.  Zhang is my family surname. Like everyone else, I also have a short name. Makes it easier for people to call me more familiar.”

Sean nodded. A smile adorned his tiny pink lips. The young policeman's laughter sounded familiar and friendly.

"You're right. I also have another name, but I don't use it anymore."

"Oh yes?" Vin raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah.. Just want to change the atmosphere and a new life."

A glimpse of Vin's eyes glanced at the traffic sign. Look at the signpost showing directions.

"So you're on vacation?  Or intend to stay here?” he looked away for a moment.

A second later he felt bad for wondering without being able to contain himself.

"Sorry... If you have any objections, you don't need to answer," added Vin.

"It's okay," Sean smiled. "As a police officer of course you have to know things that are suspicious."

"Suspicious?" Vin's face scrunched up in disapproval. "You misunderstood. I just want to know you. You don't mind?”

Lowering his gaze slightly, Sean cleared his throat faintly. Silently reviewing a faint smile. He caught the awkward tone of the young man behind the wheel.