Chapter_thirty seven

♣️♣️♣️

___ Happy Reading ___

The dinner was silent

The dinner was silent. Neither Wang Yibo nor Gabriella showed the will to strike up a conversation. Both of them were silent even though they still respected Mr. Han Zhi as the host. Nearly an hour of silence, Wang Yibo was the first to speak up, even after finishing his meal and acting as someone about to leave.

"I am done. My stomach is quite full,” he reached for the drinking glass then wiped his mouth with the tissue he took.

The beautiful girl next to him just glanced at him.

"You don't even want to stay here long. Is family not as important as he is?” Mr. Han Zhi was still trying to control himself.

"You can't compare him to anyone. Pure person seems like a diamond in the mud puddle. I'm not even a match for him.”

"You're underestimating yourself."

"That's reality." Wang Yibo took a leisurely sip of the drink. “Is there anything clean in our family? Can you tell me?" his black bead cast a sharp gaze. A moment later his lips formed a sad smile seeing his adoptive father's silence. "Nothing, right?"

Mr. Han Zhi seemed to hold back even harder, especially when he invited Gabriella. Turning to the girl, he tried to smile kindly trying to melt the tense atmosphere because of his son's behavior.

“Gabriel, how is your father? He's so busy he can't even visit his friends,” his voice sounded friendly.

“My father is very good, Uncle. He sent his regards to you.”

“You are also always busy with work. How are your engagement plans?"

“Not even a family from either side. How can suddenly talk about matchmaking? You guys are just making jokes.”

A half amused tone slipped from Wang Yibo's mouth. The corners of his eyes glanced at the girl who only smiled behind a glass that was brought to her mouth. He still hadn't asked her about Huang Jingyu.

“Yibo, don't play around. You offend a girl,” Mr. Han Zhi glanced sharply.

Gabriella put down the glass and smiled faintly.

"I'm going out, you can talk." She got up from her seat, approached Wang Yibo and bowed. Her lips approached the young man's ear. "I'll wait outside. Don't be angry, just consider this a gift for me."

A soft kiss fell on Wang Yibo's cheek, who was only silent because of the girl's treatment. Not long after, Gabriella left the dining room leaving the father and son who were still arguing.

Seeing Gabriella's attitude, Mr. Han Zhi was increasingly convinced that the girl loved her adopted son. In his heart he strengthened his determination that no matter what happened, he must be able to unite the two families.