Chapter_ten

___ Happy Reading ___

️♣️♣️

The mansion was huge and very luxurious

The mansion was huge and very luxurious.  Located in the middle of an encompassing garden and a row of pencil-lined fir trees. A special road for vehicles that winds to the main door. The garden lights that stick firmly give their yellowish light, illuminating the garden overgrown with colorful Peony flowers.

Mr. Han Zhi sat leisurely on a sofa in the side room, cross-legged in his relaxed style.  In front of him a middle-aged man occupied the sofa opposite the table. The two of them faced a still steaming cup of Chamomile tea each with a chessboard showing a single game.

"This is my fault.  Young master suffered a gunshot wound also failed to kill Zhanjin," the voice came from the middle-aged man in front of Mr. Han Zhi. He was Xiu Qing, Chen Yu's assistant and teacher.

Mr. Han Zhi only smiled knowingly, his demeanor was so calm and relaxed. The outstretched hand moves the chess piece on the board.

"It's not your fault, don't worry too much about it," he said lightly. "He's a smart kid and doesn't want to hurt other people, always wants to solve problems without bloodshed. This incident will refresh his mind.”

“But – until now we don't know where Zhanjin is hiding. We lost his trace,” Xiu Qing still maintained the guilt in his voice.

Mr. face  Han Zhi, who was half looking down at the chessboard, now lifted his head with an angry look.

"He disappeares?"

"We've checked the entire area," Xiu Qing shook his head. “There is no sign of him hiding at this time. I'm afraid - someone inside stepped in."

Mr. crooked smile. Han Zhi slumped as his back slammed against the back of the sofa.

"This is getting interesting," he muttered.  “One of my kids wanted to knock me out.  They compete with each other for attention," a faint snort accompanied his words. He looked at his assistant who just froze.

“From then until now, how many people died on the way to reach power?” Mr.  Han Zhi leaned slightly, picking up a piece that was now raised.  “A pawn is still a pawn.  Even if they were lucky enough to become generals, what would change?  Only people who are good at playing chess can control the game,” he put the pieces back in their place, in the direction of the game.

“You think wisely,” Xiu Qing responded.  “All this time, you've given them power in each and every place, only the young master doesn't seem interested in anything.”

Xiu Qing also moved one of the chess pieces.  “I believe they stabbed each other in the back. Who doesn't want to be the ruler without being controlled by others," the corners of his lips lifted.

“Even I don't know what Chen Yu's thoughts are. He is a little difficult to communicate with, likes to be alone and acts as he pleases.  I'm afraid one day he will turn against me, he's a dangerous opponent."