Chapter Fifty Three

Daniel

Her quiet breaths are so peaceful, especially with the sound of the rain outside. It's early morning but it's dark and gloomy. I tighten my arm around her waist, pulling her body unbelievably closer to mine. The feel of her naked skin against mine is fucking incredible. Her long, brown hair is draped over my pillows and the scent is mouthwatering.

For a moment, I stare at her peacefully sleeping. Her plump lips parted as she takes small breaths. Her eyelashes are so long, that they look like the wings of a butterfly. Her skin is so soft. She's tired, clearly. I don't blame her. I took her four times last night. I think it was past two in the morning when we finally fell asleep. Fuck, her moans were hot. Having her after a whole fucking month felt like finally breathing again.

I can't describe how relieved I am to have her forgive me and give me another chance and I've vowed to myself that this will be the last time I'll ask for another chance from her because I am not going to hurt her ever again. I'm going to be good for her. I might have fucked up along the way but I love Rosé and that is the only thing keeping me sane.

Fuck, it tore my heart into pieces hearing her admit that she was raped. I had my suspicions. I just didn't think it would happen...to her. Who would want to hurt her? How can anyone hurt her? How did I ever hurt her? I'm a fucking idiot for hurting her.

I hadn't meant to call her worthless. I was angry. Not that that's an excuse but just the thought of her with another man, let alone my best friend, and her telling me I'm not her boyfriend, broke something inside of me. She means so much to me that I don't know how to handle the emotions and feelings that I have for her.

I've never been in love before.

Rosé sleepily hums as she moves, turning around and snuggling into me. I watch her with mild amusement and a lot of adoration. She's still sleeping, her hands cradled against her chest, her head against my chest. I smile and hug her, making sure she doesn't get cold. I rest my chin on top of her crown, closing my own eyes.

<3 <3 <3 <3

I don't know how long I fall asleep for but the next time I wake up, Rosé is staring at me with heartbreakingly innocent eyes. I lose my breath for a second. She's so breathtaking. I brush the back of my fingers over her cheeks, tucking some strands of her hair behind her ear.

Rosé touches my bottom lip with the tip of her finger. She's so concentrated on my face as if she's trying to decipher whether I'm real or not.

"What?" I softly mumble.

"I thought I was dreaming." She smiles.

I stare at her incredulously.

"You thought last night was a dream?"

She blushes in shyness. I quietly chuckle before pecking her forehead reassuringly.

"It wasn't."

She nestles herself in my embrace and I relish the feel of her in my arms. She belongs here and nowhere else. I hate that she thinks last night was a dream. I hate everything bad that has happened to her. She deserves only happiness. And love.

As I look into her beautiful eyes, I make a promise to myself to make this girl the happiest and most loved she's ever been.

The sound of the rain against my windows has me thinking of last night. Touching her forehead with the back of my palm, I sigh in relief.

"No fever," I smile, "We got caught in the rain real bad."

She nods, sliding an arm around my waist.