Chapter Thirty Two

Rosé

Daniel's apartment is warm when we step inside. There's a soft ambiance as I walk into the living room, the moonlight illuminating through the floor-to-ceiling windows. A large glass door opens up to a balcony that overlooks the vibrant city of West Hampton Lake.

Leaning against the black railing, I close my eyes as the cool fall breeze traces my bare skin, it feels magnificent. Distant sounds of laughter, fire trucks, and the hint of sweet candy in the air are so peaceful. The breeze billows through my hair and my dress, chills run down my body, and my skin pricks with goosebumps.

Feeling a pair of eyes on me, I twirl around and catch Daniel staring at me, almost as if he's captivated. Leaning against the glass door with his arms crossed, his eyes hood as they rake down my body and then rest on my lips. I blush in shyness and look back at the dark night scenery in front of me.

Sirius is twinkling so brightly and it amazes me how a star so far in our universe can shine so bright that we're able to see it with our naked eye.

Two strong arms wrap around me from behind as we watch the stars and the city below us. I can feel his heartbeat against my back and it's soothing and I'm tempted to fall asleep with my head on his chest. Twirling me around, he presses his forehead to mine, his eyes so soft. I fight the urge to melt in them but...he doesn't want to kiss me. So I push him away until his arms fall from around me.

Daniel looks at me in confusion.

"Rosé—"

"You don't want to kiss me." I stare up at him, exhausted and sad.

His brows furrow.

"What?"

"You don't want to kiss me, Daniel." My voice softens by the end.

"What made you come to that stupid conclusion?" He bites incredulously.

"The fact that you didn't answer me when I asked you back at Kai's," I say as all the emotions of tonight come raining down on me, "Oh and the fact that you've touched me so...intimately yet you haven't even kissed me yet. Why won't you kiss me? Is it because I'm a virgin? Or that I have panic attacks? Am I that undesirable that you don't want to kiss me?"

He probably doesn't want to kiss me because I'm too much baggage. Who would want to kiss the girl who has panic attacks? The girl who is broken...

I'm not mad at him for not wanting to kiss me, I'm mad at myself for being so...me. People can have intimate relationships without having to kiss and that's totally cool but that's not me. I feel so dirty that he wants to touch me but not give me the simplest and probably the most intimate touch I want.

"Rosé," Daniel cradles my cheeks with a look of passion, "I don't wanna fuck it up for you. If I kiss you, that's it, I'm not going back. But when I'm hurting you like this and I see you mad at me, I don't want you to regret that you gave up your first kiss to a loser."

He's difficult. He's possessive. He's passionate. But he's not a loser. And my heart swells at his words, he's considerate of my first kiss being ruined by what has been happening between us. But I want him to kiss me, I don't want him to treat me like I'm special or fragile or good...I'm none of those.

"I want to kiss you, Rosé, so bad," Daniel whispers against my lips, his eyes heavy with need, "I don't want to fuck it up."

I curl my fingers around his black t-shirt, looking up at him with yearning.

"Kiss me, Daniel."

My heart flutters when he goes to lean in but the door buzzes and it breaks our bubble. He bites back a curse and I look away in shyness. I'm left cold without his warmth when he goes to answer the door so I follow him inside.