Chapter Forty One

Daniel

I'm staring at the dark ocean as I puff on my cigarette. My thoughts clouded with Rosé.

When I saw her last night in that white dress, I couldn't think straight. She looked fucking hot. But I was mad because one, we weren't together, two, that fucker nearly touched her, and three, she looked like a goddess. Being the fuckup I am, I ignored her because I got scared.

After kissing her—fuck, that kiss was euphoric, fucking breathtaking—I realized that I'm no good for her. I didn't mean to call her broken, I just wanted to hurt her so she would realize I'm no good for her. I break things. I keep hurting her and seeing pain in her eyes cuts a deep wound inside of me. Rosé is too damn good for me but she makes me go crazy.

"Can I ask you something?" Noah breaks the silence.

I look at my brother who is sprawled on the sofa.

I just got back to St. Vermont Lofts Hotel after driving around the city searching for Rosé. Koa has already sent out his boys to find Wren but I needed a distraction from my overwhelming thoughts and anger so I drove around, went into hotels, bars, clubs, restaurants, even the fucking beach—anywhere just to get a little hope of finding her.

"Do you like Rosé?" Noah looks me dead in the eyes, not fucking around.

I stay indifferent but my thoughts drift to her.

Rosé is beautiful, she's the type of beauty that grabs you by the balls and makes you kneel until you worship her. She's smart as hell and that's just hot—there were times where I found myself just admiring her as she concentrated during our study time for the Astronomy project.

I've noticed her concentrating and learning habits—she likes to use a lot of post-its, she draws a lot and she only uses pencils. She also bites those gorgeous lips when she doesn't understand something. The amount of times I've had to knock some sense into my hormones for wanting to dick her down when I saw her bite her lips, isn't a joke.

She's sweet, kind, and caring and that does things to my heart. When she first cleaned up my wounds, I was confused and a little amused but the second time it happened, I was waiting for her to nurse me because unbeknownst to stupid me, I wanted her caring nature directed at me.

Rosé's eyes are...fuck, her eyes are dreamy.

Her hair too, it's so long and fluffy and soft.

And her body? Fuck, her body is lethal.

Yeah, I'm way in too deep.

Noah chuckles as he reads my silent answer.

"Since when?" He asks.

A light smile tugs on my lips.

"Since the night I made her cry."

He doesn't have to know that I've liked her for two years now. No one knows. My attraction to her has slowly grown to an eruptive level that one more kiss from her and I'm done. I'm locking shit up and making her mine.

"What?" He laughs, confused and very intrigued.

I ruffle my hair.

"The night Wren's fucking bitch snitched on me and got her sad excuse of a boyfriend after me," that night was what changed everything, "We ran into each other. I dragged her with me into an alley, and I guess because I was touching her, she panicked and cried."

That girl had the audacity to roam around in the middle of the night in her fucking pajamas, looking all cute and whatever. That night was the night that I understood the emotion, affection. Her chocolate eyes weeping with fearful tears, her body vulnerable and in need of protection.