Chapter Thirteen

Rosé

The weekend comes sooner than expected but nevertheless, I'm excited to sleep all day and play with Binx.

Daniel ditched me again yesterday, but I was a little relieved because he and I have been wonderfully...touchy with each other. I need some time apart from him to collect my thoughts and make sense of my feelings towards him.

He's obviously not into me because—yikes, I'm not even going to open that can of worms—but the way he touches me with tenderness and desire, I'm not that naïve to not notice that he's a little attracted to me.

I hope.

Stay the fuck away from me, Rosé.

I grin upon remembering his words. Looks like he's the one who's having trouble staying away. I have reasons not to—he's my crush and I'm taking my chance. But he has reasons to—I have my fears and tainted scars.

My thoughts fade when my phone lights up. Opening the message, I can't help but feel a little woozy inside.

I hope you're excited for tonight — Noah

<3 <3 <3 <3

"You look cute," Aaliyah coos from where she's sprawled over my bed with Binx in her arms, "I can't believe you're ditching me to go with some pretty boy to the beach to watch the sunset."

I'm not ditching her, she's being a little brat. Aaliyah came over to my house to give me moral support as I got ready for my not-date beach date with Noah.

A white dress with thin straps, subtle v-neck, and hitting my mid-thigh and I'm wearing a light-pink mini cardigan to keep myself warm. Smearing some raspberry-colored liquid blush, I smile at myself in the mirror. I look good. It's not always I feel pretty but the days I do, I feel happy. Slipping into white chucks, I tug off my scrunchie, letting my hair fall in waves down my back.

I'm ready to watch this sunset, the weather is beautifully warm.

Grabbing my phone, I walk downstairs with Aaliyah alongside me.

"Where are you going?" Nate looks at my attire in confusion.

Sheepishly, I look at my brother, his hair damp from the shower.

"To watch the sunset."

Nate has always been overprotective. But he doesn't need to worry a lot because it's Noah, he can't hurt me. And I know self-defense...even though I haven't put it to good use yet.

"With who?"

"A friend."

Aaliyah laughs at my misery.

Nate crosses his arms.

"Better be a girl, Rosé LeBlanc."

"It's Noah, he's a friend from school and he asked if I wanted to go." I mumble.

Nate gives me a look for a moment.

"Be careful and be home by midnight or I'm dragging that kid's ass down to hell with me."

"Okay."

Nate glares at me and Aaliyah and I laugh.

Noah is standing against his car, a beautiful black Dodge Challenger. He looks so attractive. I smile and get into his car. I'm excited about tonight.