Chapter Forty Three

WARNING: HEAVY TRIGGER OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

Aaliyah

I want my best friend here with me, laughing, smiling. She was supposed to have fun last night but that was snatched from her by that monster. I hope to hell that the boys find him and bury him six feet in the ground. I want to make him feel worse pain than he had Rosé.

My thoughts are interrupted, to my relief because I'm just going to end up crying thinking about her when the door opens.

"Matt." I stare at my pretty boy.

"Aaliyah, you okay?" Sensing my red eyes, he cradles my face and asks.

I smile. Matthew looks like he's been through a mad circus.

"Yeah, what happened?" My words dart over to the boy whose face is flushing with nothing but anger—Daniel.

Noah and Kai walk in. Noah slumps down on the sofa next to me whilst Kai sits on the one across, next to Daniel. Then a tall, familiar guy walks through the door and my jaw drops to the floor along with my heart.

"Nate?!"

Nate glares at me, throwing off his jacket and storming towards me. When he crowds my space, I panic and take steps back until I hit the wall. The downright vicious wrath he has in his eyes makes me shake in fear.

"You were supposed to keep her fucking safe!" He snarls, his eyes are red with pure rage and vengeance.

"Hey, man, back up." Matthew steps in front of me.

Nate growls and grabs my boyfriend by his hoodie.

"Fuck you, my baby sister is somewhere getting hurt by that motherfucker when she should've been here, with her." Nate spits in vehemence before shoving Matthew away.

Then his eyes come back to me in full force.

"I trusted you, Aaliyah."

His words make me feel so fucking guilty. He's right. I was supposed to keep her safe, she was my responsibility but I let her down and now she's... an excruciating pain rips through me as revolting thoughts cloud my mind.

"I'm s-sorry." I sniffle, my hands curling around Matthew's hoodie.

"It was my fault." Daniel says.

Nate turns around and locks his eyes to Daniel. If I thought he was looking at me in anger, he's downright murdering Daniel with his eyes.

"Don't even get me started on you, motherfucker." Nate threateningly grits.

Daniel stands up and steps towards Nate. Not a single ounce of fear is in his body language. He looks completely unhinged like he's one word from erupting.

"If you're gonna blame anyone, blame me." Daniel glares daggers at Nate.

And my heart swells a little. Even though it may have been his fault that Rosé ran away, I should've run after her, I shouldn't have been so irresponsible and gotten us drunk. It's all my fault.

Nate takes one more step until the two are dangerously close. Nate has two inches on Daniel but nothing is making Daniel intimidated and that scares me because he seems so unpredictable right now.

"The only reason you're not ten feet in the ground is because of my baby sister." Nate harshly mumbles.

Nate has always had a soft spot for Rosé and I'm not surprised that he doesn't want to hurt Daniel because he knows the boy is someone important to his baby sister

"Are you done?" Koa says, looking bored.

He steps into the room making everyone look at him. His eyes glance at me for a quick moment as if to check if I'm okay before locking his eyes to Daniel.