Chapter Forty Two

Rosé

Placing the black box on the bed, a lit cigarette dangles from his fingers as he looks at me with hauntingly dark eyes.

"Wear this and be out here in an hour." Ordering, he walks towards the door.

My brows crease as the box lays on the bed.

"Why?"

He was throwing his hands on me a few moments ago, threatening me and now he wants me to dress up? He's lost his damn mind.

Wren's eyes harden.

"Get fucking dressed, Rosé." He barks.

Tears wet my eyes as frustration and helplessness crawl up my throat when he slams the door shut.

I can't chance not listening to his demands. I can't risk it.

Or else he'll destroy whatever's left of me.

And once he does, not even Kai, let alone Daniel, would want to look at me.

Wiping away my tears, I open the box and take out the dress.

I hate myself for obeying him. I'm scared he'll repeat what he used to do to me.

The black floral dress is gorgeous—it gives me Romeo & Juliet Verona, Latin culture vibes. The thin straps rest on my shoulders with the rest crisscrossing on my back. It's long, hitting just above my knees. It hugs my waist and hips but the material is a little loose on my chest, dipping to show my cleavage. Changing my white heels for the black ones, I remove my makeup because fuck Wren.

When I walk into the living room of his hotel suite, I see his friends laughing near the minibar and he's sprawled back on the couch. When he sees me, he lifts his head and his eyes shine with wickedness. Then they slowly rake down my body and a sick satisfied smirk plays on his lips.

"Where are we going?"

"A party."

Daniel

"I want out." I say to West, hurling the 80K he paid me to race for him tonight on the hood of my car.

West takes a puff of his cigarette, his blue eyes glancing at the cash then cutting to me with a condescending glare, a faint smirk on his face.

"No."

My brows furrow.

"What the fuck do you mean no? I'm not racing." I snap in anger and frustration.

Koa is hosting the party and I want to be there so that the moment I see Wren, I'm burying him alive and bringing Rosé back home. I cannot afford to waste time. The more I leave my girl with that motherfucker, the more I'm risking her safety.

"You sure about that?" West smiles malevolently around his cigarette, "You wouldn't want to risk the safety of your precious little girlfriend, would you?"

My heart stops.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" My voice darkens as my vision slowly clouds with murderous intentions.

"Rosé LeBlanc," West says, seeming amused at my provoked demeanor, "I know where Wren is holding her captive."

The little hope that flares in my chest quickly gets frizzled out by the realization that West might blackmail me with her safety. If he knows where she is, and he knows that she's important to me, he'll make me do anything.

"I'm Wren's older brother," West patronizingly pats my cheek, "Now be a good little boy and race for me if you want to keep your girl safe. But if you don't, I can't promise what Wren might do to her."