Chapter Fifteen

Rosé

West Hampton Lake Side is in the middle of nowhere. Literally. The forest is littered with tall, full trees, rock-graveled roads, and dimmed lighting. It looks like a place from a horror movie.

As I climb out of Noah's car, much to his disapproval—why the sudden objection?—I slowly process my surroundings.

Cars, music, and girls are everywhere. The aroma is scented with alcohol and cigarettes but there are also the devil's candy sticks. The guys look like they could pick fights, their intimidating aura making me a little nervous. The girls, on the other hand, are looking like goddesses. I feel like I'm dressed for church in my clothes right now compared to them.

This place looks like nothing but trouble.

Why are we here?

"What the hell is going on?" Noah snarls.

Something I'm surprised to witness. I've never seen him angry and this is a bit uncomfortable now.

"Wren changed up the stakes, he doesn't want to race for money." Matthew rolls his eyes.

Hearing the name I despise, I grow anxious.

"Fucking pussy," Noah bites, "What the fuck does he want to race for?"

I fiddle with my fingers, wandering my eyes around in a mix of fascination and nervousness.

Then Kai and Matthew's attention diverts to me.

"Baby!"

"Rosé."

One is happy to see me, and the other is surprised.

I shyly smile from behind Noah.

"Hi."

"Noah, what is she doing here?" Matthew asks not meaning it in a bad, hurtful way but rather a curious manner.

Noah sighs.

"She was with me when you called," Noah charmingly glances at me, my cheeks flaring with coyness, "We went to the beach for the sunset."

Matthew nods but he watches Noah closely.

"Rosé, you're so damn cute." Kai grins making me blush harder.

"What is she doing here?" Daniel's raspy voice makes my heart flutter.

Turning around, I look at him and Daniel stares at me with dark, vicious, irritated anger. Anxiousness overwhelms me.

"She's with me." Noah mumbles.

Daniel's eyes flare in anger. He looks at his brother with murderous intentions, clenching his jaw when he notices how close Noah is standing to me.

Whilst my heart falters in nervousness, my eyes wander over his appearance. He's wearing black jeans and a black t-shirt that loosely hugs his arm muscles. His hair is disheveled as if he's been running his hands through it. He looks hot and brooding like a dark, ominous shadow that will snatch my soul.

I look away with flushed cheeks.

"Wren has changed up the stakes," Kai tells his best friend, "He's not racing for money."

Daniel scoffs with a wicked sneer.

I'm confused because honestly, I don't know what is happening. Like why are they here? Why are they mentioning Wren? Why are there so many cars around?

Daniel sits on the hood of his matte black Mustang, one leg on the ground the other hitched up on the bumper. For a moment, Daniel's eyes meet mine and I grow out of breath. He moves his eyes slowly down my body then back up, in appreciation and white-hot lust. His gaze alone makes my body swarm with butterflies. I bite my bottom lip as a wash of arousal drowns me.