Chapter Sixty Four

Rosé

"Everyone has done exceptionally well on this assignment. I couldn't be happier," Mr. Austen, our English Lit professor, speaks whilst holding up the white papers of many stories the class has submitted, then he puts them down and grabs one, the paper slightly crinkled, "Except, there was one in particular that caught my attention. Not only were the words vulgar but they were also passionate."

With an amused smile, his blue eyes glance over to the back of the room. The entire class turns their heads towards the boy. Daniel's eyes widen in surprise. I hold back an amused laugh.

"What?" Daniel sits up straight.

"Please, read it for us." Mr. Austen says.

"You gotta be kidding me."

Mr. Austen motions his head with a small smile.

Daniel rolls his eyes and grabs the piece of paper from our professor and clears his throat, I see a hint of pink on his cheeks and that alone makes me wonder what he wrote.

"There was a girl with the softest eyes, the softest lips, and the softest heart. There was a boy with the coldest eyes, the filthiest mouth, and the coldest heart. There was no hope for them but the girl tore into his demons and released them, she showed him what love is and how good he is, that he doesn't need the bad to live. The boy fell in love, rather pathetically really. He was scared to love her but she loved him for him, so he let out his demons free and let her own his heart. Their love is new but not pure because they soak the bed with their sinful love every single night."

My heart flutters in warmth and I blush. He's crazy. He wrote about us. There was no denying that that short story was about us. I don't know if I want to punch him or hug him but I do know that I want to spend the rest of my years with this stupid, unpredictable, loving boy.

Daniel softly smiles at me when he catches me staring at him. Noah, who's sitting next to him, is laughing his ass off and Aaliyah looks like she's about to cry. Mr. Austen chuckles and thanks Daniel for reading his short story out loud so enthusiastically.

As soon as the class finishes, I gather my books and walk out of the room. Daniel catches up and blocks my path with a stupid grin plastered on his full lips.

"You are crazy." I poke his chest, pushing him away.

The boy laughs and ruffles my hair, grabbing me from behind as I walk away.

"Aww baby, come on, it was a cute story."

I stop and pry his hands off of me. I turn around and his playful eyes pull me in.

"You wrote about us."

"No, I did not."

"Oh, yeah? Who was it about then, baby?" I raise a brow, teasing him with the baby he uses on me.

Daniel blankly stares at me, befuddled.

"Hades and Persephone...?"

I have no words.

Daniel

"Mr. Carter." The woman jumps from her seat when she sees me.

I look around the room in annoyance and disappointment at myself for what I'm about to do. I look at the woman who's too shocked to see me here after so many years.

Noah and I used to come here all the time before mom and he separated. He'd cancel every plan of his to spend time with us. I miss those moments but I hate him for breaking mom's heart. He wasn't a bad parent, he was just cold and ignorant. He provided Noah and me with everything we wanted and he gave us love. But as we grew up, he started becoming distant and once he left us, it was like we're strangers.