Chapter Forty

Kai

"Did you really just call her a slut, bro?" I snarl and for the first time, I'm disgusted by my best friend.

Who fucking slut-shames a girl? Let alone the girl that they're in love with?!

Daniel is fucking crazy.

Daniel glares at me, his eyes following where Rosé ran to.

Rosé looked fucking hot tonight and I was so surprised to see her and Aaliyah here. Of all the clubs in St. Vermont, they had to come to Cerise and I just know that my stupid older brother let them in.

Motherfucker doesn't care if underaged kids come to his club, if he sees a pretty girl with a dress on, the fucker is like a lost puppy with his tail between his legs.

"Aaliyah!" Matthew catches Aaliyah as she faints.

What the fuck?

We all stare wide-eyed at the girl. Matthew carries her over to the couches near the back of the club. Laying her down, he brushes her hair away from her face and splashes more water onto her face. Aaliyah's eyes flutter open and she moans. Matthew is worried as fuck as he helps her sit up.

"Aaliyah, are you okay?" Noah asks, sitting beside her, giving her some water to drink.

I crouch down in front of her, staring at her in confusion, her eyes look drowsy, and then it hits me.

"Aaliyah, what did you drink?" I ask as an uneasy, harrowing feeling tightens in my chest.

The girl looks at me, disoriented but still looking beautiful as fuck. She wanders her eyes around in confusion and probably looking for her best friend.

"We got some drinks from the bar."

Fuck.

Daniel and I share a look, dread falling over us.

"Rosé." Daniel whispers.

"Fuck!"

I rush up the stairs to the VIP floor with Daniel and Noah behind me.

If Rosé had the same drink Aaliyah had, Rosé could've fainted too. Fear like never before has overtaken me. We need to find her before some dickwad gets his filthy hands on her.

Aaliyah

"Answer, please answer." I whisper to myself as I hear the phone go through but when the voice message comes through, my heart drops.

It's been twenty minutes and we can't find Rosé. She ran upstairs to the VIP floor but she's nowhere in sight. Her cellphone is switched off and I can't believe I let her out of my sight—my worst nightmare is coming true.

My lips quiver as tears blur my eyes, my anxiety growing.

Please god, let her be safe.

"No one has seen her leave." Noah sighs in frustration and worry.

Matthew rubs my arms as I lean my head on his shoulder. He kisses my hair and I let out a soft breath. I'm glad he hasn't left my side, I don't think I could handle all this alone.

Noah told me that I fainted because my drink must've been spiked and they feared that Rosé had fainted too so when they went to look for her, they couldn't find her anywhere.

I promised myself and Nate that I would protect Rosé if she ever got in trouble, but I feel useless now. I couldn't even keep my best friend out of danger. I hate myself.

"We'll find her, babe, please, stop crying." Matthew soothingly holds me closer.

His secure arms do give me a little comfort, but my mind is going haywire. Worry and fear block my throat, making it hard for me to breathe.