Chapter Fifty

Rosé

It's been four days since we've come back from St. Vermont.

And we haven't even looked at each other.

I'm not giving in. I respect myself enough to not let a man like Daniel break me. I've been through the worst in my past but this...this pain is like a hot, bitter knife digging into my heart and tearing it apart second by agonizing second.

After what I went through, I felt so worthless. I hated everything about myself, from the way I talked to the way I looked. It took me years to learn to love myself again but I still never felt worthy because I thought who would want a broken girl?

It was bearable when I was the one who told myself I'm worthless but Daniel...that was agonizing.

What he did to me, what he said to me was so humiliating and heartbreaking. All along I thought he was treating me like I was worthy but I guess I was a wrong, naïve, stupid girl. It's hard at night when I'm sleeping in my bed alone and all I can think about is him—his smiles, his stupid dimples, his gorgeous eyes, and his touch.

I did cry the first night only because I knew I needed to let those emotions out otherwise they would've drained me if I kept them locked inside.

He started calling me and texting me after two days but I've ignored them all because I need space to not only collect my thoughts but to take care of myself. I've been so lost in him that I forgot to be loving to myself.

Daniel needs to figure out what he wants before he decides to pull me back into his web.

The sad thing is, if he doesn't come back to me, I'll break.

But I also know that we need this time apart.

Daniel

"What's wrong?" Bia runs her fingers through my hair.

I sigh in frustration.

"Nothing."

It's been too fucking long since I've looked at her, touched her, kissed her. I'm going crazy. She's ignored all my calls and texts for the past two days. I deserve it but she has to let me apologize. I can't go on like this without her by my side. The uncertainty of not having her again and the guilt of fucking up with the best girl I ever had is unsettling.

Bia scoffs, moving to lay next to me on the basketball court.

"You have I-fucked-up-real-bad written all over you," Bia laughs, snatches the ball out of my hand, "What did you do to her?"

I broke her heart.

I run a rough hand through my hair.

"I said some things that I didn't mean."

"What did you say?"

"That she's not worth it."

I fucking hate myself.

Bia gapes at me.

"What the fuck?" Bia shouts, "Why the fuck would you say that to her? I thought she meant a lot to you?"

I groan, laying down, throwing an arm across my eyes. I want to make everything right, but I don't know-how.

"She does so fucking much. I just...," I groan, "I was angry and I got scared."

I'm pathetic.

Why couldn't I have kept my mouth shut? It was Kai who was dancing with her, not a stranger but yet the thought of another man touching my girl makes me want to wreak havoc. I was worried because she hates being touched.