Chapter Fifty Five

Rosé

"Daniel, stop, that's ticklish." I laugh as Daniel playfully runs his fingers up my dress.

We're sitting on the bleachers of the football stadium, watching Noah's football practice. Daniel is laying down with his head on my lap but he's not keeping his hands to himself.

Daniel grins and stops tickling me. He plays with the ends of my hair and I blush because I love when he plays with my hair.

His gorgeous chocolate eyes glisten in affection as he stares up at me with a stupid, heart-melting smile on his face. I avoid his gaze and eye up the colorful jelly-candy, I grab a red one and put it in my mouth.

Daniel, out of the blue, leans up, grabs the back of my neck, and crashes his lips on mine. I'm surprised as I stare at his hooded, mischievous eyes as I feel his haughty tongue slide over mine and grab my jelly candy. Grinning, he lays back down, happily eating my candy.

I'm awestruck and flustered at the hotness of that kiss. That was sweet and lustful.

I smack his chest and Daniel laughs.

Once Noah's practice is over, Daniel leaves for his basketball practice but not before stealing my candy again and kissing me. Noah climbs up the bleachers once he spots me.

"Hey," I smile at him and offer him some candy, "Want some?"

He takes a blue one. Noah ruffles his hair and yawns. He looks tired and when he looks at me, he looks conflicted.

"Rosé."

I hum as I stare at Noah.

"Do you love him?" Noah asks, nonchalantly.

My heart thunders in surprise.

Love Daniel?

For years, I was crushing on Daniel. I was falling for him from afar, he felt like a dream that couldn't come true. But after that night, Daniel became someone precious to me. Before him, I was struggling with my anxiety and broken pieces. But after him, he's made me feel beautiful and made the damaged scars invisible.

There are so many things that I love about Daniel but the one thing that always comes back to me is his smile. Daniel with a smile is what heaven looks like. Those chocolate eyes glimmering in happiness and those dimples make him look adorable. And the way his smile makes my heart flutter in the most wonderful way is something I never want to lose.

"Yeah, I love him." I softly confess.

Noah chuckles but it's melancholic. I stare at him and I get a déjá vu of being in his apartment the night of Halloween.

"This is gonna sound totally insane and stupid but I can't hide it anymore," Noah leans forward, dropping his head, "Rosé, I like you."

His confession is overwhelming.

"Noah."

Noah smiles but it's tinged with sorrow.

"I had a crush on you but was too much of a coward to confess to you. After I bumped into you that day, when I saw you cry, I got scared. I hated seeing you cry, it did something ugly to me. When I apologized and you forgave me, I took that as a chance to finally have the guts to act on my crush," Noah grins, "You're the most beautiful girl I've ever met, Rosé. Everything about you is beautiful, from your eyes to your lips, to your personality. I saw you and I just wanted to have you."

I'm speechless as I stare at him. Heat rushes to my cheeks and I'm blushing.

Noah had a crush on me.