Chapter Nine

Rosé

Never would I've dreamed that I'd see that devil again.

"Rosé." Aaliyah grabs onto my arm and pulls me into her.

She knows who he is. She knows what he did to me. I want to scream at her to take me away from this moment, far away, but the words stay stuck in my throat. My voice is lost. I'm starting to panic, my hands begin shaking out of fear. My breathing fastens as I see him walk towards me.

"You look so beautiful, I've missed you." The way his dirty mouth moves, makes me shudder.

His soulless eyes linger on me as if devouring me without any remorse. The smirk and the lustful stare make me out of breath. Hot, scared tears blur my vision.

I can feel myself crumbling from the fright.

Wren takes menacing steps towards me before stopping so close to me that I feel my head go dizzy. Again, his shadowy, dirty eyes stare at my body with lust and filthy thoughts. I cower, my racing heart making me wish I disappeared. This is a nightmare. My fear has a noose around my neck and I can't breathe. Tears sting my eyes and they rain down my cheeks.

With shaking eyes, I stare into Wren's wicked blue eyes. They're just as vile as I remember—no soul, no morals, no emotion. He's got a black heart. Nights filled with cries and laughter flash before my eyes and Wren smirks, knowing that he's got me where he wants me.

My hope is falling and if I don't wake up from this nightmare, it's going to consume and drag me into a darkness I don't want to remember.

When Wren goes to grab my wrist, Daniel steps in front of me like a dark shadow, pushing Wren back. Relief and anxiousness wash over me like a wave. Standing behind Daniel, I feel so small and hidden from my monster. I'm so thankful to him for stepping in.

"Touch her, I fucking dare you." Daniel darkly sneers, it's feral and it shouldn't do wonderful things to my heart and body.

Tears slowly trickle down my cheeks. I feel weak, so weak. All those cruel memories are rushing back like a waterfall.

Wren chuckles, it's malevolent, staring at Daniel in awe as if he figured out the world's biggest secret. Smiling, Wren rakes his eyes over me once more before giving the boys one last glance and leaving.

Aaliyah hugs me and my tears unleash with mixed emotions, sorrow, and fear.

Daniel

"What the fuck just happened?" Kai gawks in utter confusion.

"He knows her?" Matthew adds to the tense atmosphere.

"How the fuck does he know her?" Noah angrily snaps, glaring at me.

I have nothing to say. All I want to do is fucking kill Wren for looking at her like she's a piece of meat. How the fuck does she know him? She's her and it doesn't fucking make sense. He's fucked up and Rosé is so...pure.

She was fucking crying.

I know for a fact that wasn't just because of him being here tonight, that wasn't just her anxiety. It was something more. Something darker. And my suspicion is gnawing at the deranged monster inside me. I don't want to be right.

But I can't pretend to be blind and not see how he affected her, how scared she looked because of him. He triggered something in her tonight to look like she'd seen a ghost.

Did he do something to her? That thought only maddens me more. I swear to fucking god, if he's touched her, he's fucking dead.

"If he messes around with her, I swear to fucking god, I'm gonna kill him." Noah bites out.