Chapter Thirty Three

Rosé

I don't know what to do. I'm lost. I can't go back inside because it's embarrassing, and I'm angry. I can't go home because I forgot my keys. I can't call Nate because god knows what he's doing and he's going to kill me for being so dumb. I can't go to Aaliyah's because that girl is probably having the time of her life right now.

Where can I go?

Noah.

No, I can't bother him. He'll think I'm a weirdo, calling him at one in the morning. I go through my contacts and I press Aaliyah's number feeling like I'm on the verge of a breakdown.

Maybe she's sleeping.

"Rosé."

"Liyah, where are you?"

"Roséohgod."

My breath stops as I hear what is going on in the background. Aaliyah sounds out of breath. My hands freeze. I hear a moan from the other end, and I swear I morph into a tomato.

"Are you okayohmygod Matt—"

"No! Ew!" I hang up in a flash out of mortification and shock.

Why did she freaking answer if she was in the middle of—Oh god, it's in my head, the image is in my head. My best friend doing it is IN MY HEAD! I ruffle my hair out of frustration and attempt to shove the image out of my mind.

My eyes catch Noah's name and having no other person to look to, I call him. I can stay with him for the night. I just hope I'm not disturbing him.

"Rosé."

Hearing his familiar, soothing voice relaxes me.

"Noah."

"Hey, what's up? Are you okay?" He asks, sensing my quiet and a little wavered voice.

"Yeah, I'm—can you, um," I fumble with my words, "Noah, can I stay with you tonight?"

"What? Yeah, of course. Where are you right now? Are you okay? Did something happen?" Noah speaks in haste, his voice loud and concerned, I smile a little.

"I'm okay, I'm outside Daniel's apartment building."

"What? What are you—I'll be there in ten minutes." Noah hangs up before I can say thank you.

I look around the street and it's deserted. The street lights are dull, the cold breeze makes me tremble and I look up to the sky to watch the stars. Letting out a tired sigh, my mind flashes over to what we were so close to doing in his bedroom.

We kind of nearly kissed.

And kind of nearly had sex.

Everything in that moment seemed like a fantasy, a moment of a dreamlike paradise. I crave his touch and his warmth. I wanted to stay in that moment all night long, I didn't care what we were doing, I just wanted to be with him.

But when Bia showed up, crying and asking to stay, him agreeing, I couldn't help but feel defeated. I'm worried about what happened with her that made her cry and I'm a little glad that she came to Daniel. It sucks that I'm feeling so frustrated when in fact it's none of their faults.

Maybe it's the thought of them having a close relationship-friendship that makes me sad and a little angry out of jealousy.

Tires screeching startle me but I sigh in relief when I see Noah's car. Noah gets out of his car in a haste and has my face cradled in his palms.

"Are you okay? What are you doing here? Why aren't you inside with Daniel?" Noah's concern warms my heart.

I touch his hand with a smile.