Chapter Five

Rosé

I'm carrying a huge cardboard box filled with supplies Bia and I need for our posters. And since it's bigger than me, I can't see where I'm walking.

And so, it's not a surprise when I trip and the box with paint, paper, and brushes falls. I swear I'm like a newborn fawn. Luckily, the paint doesn't spill. If it had, I'd had been swimming in it alongside my tears.

Moaning in despair, I sit on my knees and grab the brushes and the stacks of paper that have been cast away from the box.

"Need some help?"

The familiar deep, haughty voice clouds my stressed bubble. I look up from the mess I'm in and see Noah standing there with an adorable grin on his face.

He saw my clumsy self falling.

Yay.

My answer is a sheepish, bashful smile.

Noah chuckles, amused, and begins collecting everything and placing it back in the box and before I can grab the box to carry it, he beats me to it. Standing up, I glance up at him.

"You don't have to—"

"Art studio?" He asks and I nod.

We start walking to the art studio, side by side and I try not to steal glances at Noah's muscles as they flex carrying the heavy box. He makes it look like it weighs as light as a feather.

"What are you creating?" Noah asks, curious eyes lingering on the components inside the cardboard box.

I smile.

"Bia and I are designing posters for our fundraiser game."

"What kind of game?"

"It's a secret." I smile.

Noah laughs and his eyes stay on me. They're playful and kind but also writhing in heat. His stare makes me so shy that I can feel myself blush.

Noah is hot and cute and when he looks at me with those soft eyes, I get butterflies. I have a crush on his brother but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate Noah's beauty.

Blushing, I walk ahead of him. Noah laughs.

<3 <3 <3 <3

"I can stick around and help you with your posters." Noah adorably sits on a wooden art table and leans back on his arms.

Amused, I stare at him with a smile on my lips.

"I'm not telling you about our secret game."

"Fuck." Noah mumbles and we both share a laugh.

Then his warm brown eyes hood as they once-over my body. I don't know whether to shy away or call him out for being so blatant about it but I do know it's making my tummy flutter. His eyes are alluring and that mischievous smirk on his lips adds fuel to the fire.

Noah is so handsome.

Noah hops off the table, standing to his full height and running a hand through his fluffy hair.

"See you later, Rosé." Sweet Jesus, that voice.

"Rosé!" Bia's bubbly cheer has me smiling within seconds.

"Bia!" I mimic her energy.

Both of us run to each other and fall into a hug. Noah chuckles as he walks out of the art studio.

"I could sleep in your arms," Bia whines, "I'm so tired."

I softly laugh, rubbing her back.

Bia Loven, West Hampton Lake's head cheerleader. Long blonde, beach-wavy hair. Blue eyes that can melt hearts. Every guy on campus falls for her, not just because she's beautiful and an amazing cheerleader but also because of her kind and cheerful personality. Bia has an endearing personality. She's fun, so enthusiastic, and caring. She's not a cliché stereotype of a cheerleader like portrayed in movies—catty, self-conceited, sly.