Chapter Thirty Five

Rosé

After taking a shower, drying my hair, and wearing my pajamas, I put on a movie.

Daniel has been calling me and texting me nonstop, but I've ignored them all.

I pout and pick up Binx, playing with his soft fur as he purrs under my touch. He loves it when I scratch him under his belly. I can tell that he's sleepy from his hooded eyes so I pick him and place him on his bed in the corner of my bedroom.

I switch off my bedroom lights before turning on the bedside lamps, casting a soft glow around my room.

My phone lights up with two messages.

Rosé, can we please talk? — Daniel

I'm outside — Daniel

With a nervous heart, I walk downstairs and open my front door. Daniel stands in front of me with a frustrated look that makes him look hot as ever.

"Rosé." Daniel softly says my name making my heart skip a beat.

But I can't surrender to him yet. Keeping my nonchalant face, I stare at him.

"What are you doing here?"

He frowns.

"Why are you ignoring me?"

"I'm not." I quietly say.

"Don't lie to me, Rosé."

My face twists at his words.

"You shouldn't be here." My voice breaks as I say.

I don't want to tell him I was jealous or that it breaks my heart that he likes someone else. I can't.

"Rosé, don't be like this," Daniel steps closer and I take one back, "The entire fucking week, you've ignored me. I haven't been able to fucking concentrate. I need fucking answers. What did I do wrong?"

"Nothing," I whisper, looking away, "You did nothing wrong."

"What? Then why have you been ignoring me?" Daniel frowns.

Taking a step back to let him in, Daniel waits as I close the door and his presence sucks me in. I've missed him so freaking much and to have him here tonight feels overwhelming.

"You didn't chase after me when I left." I whisper, my cheeks blushing with shyness.

I'm so stupid.

He was comforting his friend and I was too busy feeling rejected when in reality, he had every right to be with Bia that night.

Daniel's eyes narrow, in awe.

"Is that why you've been ignoring me?"

"I'm angry at you for letting me walk away," I quietly and shy fully speak, "I was jealous. We were so lost in each other and I wanted you that night but then Bia came and I couldn't help but feel mad. I didn't like that you let her stay the night after you were with me. I wanted you to chase after me. I sound so stupid, it's not Bia's fault and I'm not mad at her. And I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at myself for being so childish. And the fact that you like someone else makes me such a bad person for acting this way."

"Wait, what?" Daniel looks adorable in confusion, "Like someone else? What the fuck are you talking about?"

"You like someone else," I quietly speak with blushing cheeks, "Why else would Bia say 'never have I ever wanted to kiss her so badly'? You have someone you want to kiss, that's why you won't kiss me. And that's okay, I'll understand if you don't like me or want me."