Chapter Thirty

Rosé

Kai's party is crazy.

"Let's go, we're heading to the game room." Kai says as he walks up the stairs.

We enter a spacious room, with dim blue lighting and games. There's a bar on the right side and a comfy sitting area on the left.

Bia is already here looking like a goddess in her Natalie Portman a-la Black Swan costume. When she sees me, she jumps up and hugs me. Matthew plops down on a blue bean bag and pulls Aaliyah onto his lap. Noah is at the minibar pouring drinks and Kai grabs my hand and makes me sit beside him on the ecru-colored sofas.

Daniel sits next to me and the heat of his body curls into mine, bubbling me in a hyperconscious state of mind.

Noah comes back with drinks for everyone and makes himself comfortable next to Bia.

"Let's play a game." Bia joyfully says.

"What kinda game?" Kai asks.

Bia wriggles her eyebrows and for a moment, I admire her gorgeous makeup. She's made her eyes look exactly how the characters looked in the movie.

"Never have I ever had one of a kind kiss."

"What?" Aaliyah laughs.

"Rules," Bia grins as she opens a box of cards, "Pick up a card and whoever's names written on it has to say a never have I ever. The one whose name is picked has to put on a blindfold to you know, spice things up. If what they said is a lie, they have to take a shot and if what they said is true, the person who picked out their name has to kiss them anywhere they want but you can't kiss them in the same place twice."

Bia writes our names on the playing cards and shuffles the pile.

I'm not freaking over the game but over the teasing caresses by Daniel around my hip. He's slouched back, legs spread and his arm is lazily sprawled around me, his fingers brushing against my hip and thigh. Naturally, I lean into him and Daniel rests his hand onto my thigh. A cold, delicious swirl of sensation unfurls through my body under his touch.

Aaliyah starts the game by picking up a card. Matthew's name is written on it. The boy looks way too excited for this as he blindfolds himself. Aaliyah opens her mouth after thinking for a moment. I can tell by her mischievous eyes that she really wants to satisfy her crush.

"Never have I ever sneaked into the cinema to watch 10 Things I Hate About You."

Bia and I laugh at her simple yet funny statement.

Matthew grins, shrugging innocently.

"A guy can appreciate a good movie."

Aww.

Aaliyah laughs before kissing him.

Kai cat-calls and Bia laughs. Daniel quietly snickers, hiding his face a little in my shoulder. I stare at my best friend as she boldly kisses her crush, who is probably floating on cloud nine right now.

"I love this game." Matthew's voice is dripping with happiness when Aaliyah lets go of him.

The next person to start is chosen by flipping over the shuffled cards. Kai is next, who then picks the card with Bia's name scribbled on it. Kai blindfolds her. Bia nearly kicks him when he tickles her sides.

"Never have I ever made out with a girl." Kai stares at her with a look so soft, it makes my heart flutter.

Bia laughs, her cheeks flushing.

"It was a drunken night and she tasted like cherries."

Kai almost faints.

"Fuck, that's hot." He leans in and kisses her cleavage.