Chapter Twenty Three

Rosé

Aaliyah and I are walking around the campus parking lot. It's hot out and we decided to get coffee to cool us off. We're talking about the school trip to West Hampton Lake Forest. It's for Astronomy class, meant for research but we're excited to be outside in nature, and telling ghost stories.

"Rosé," Chase leers at me from where he's leaning on the hood of his black Jeep Wrangler, his filthy eyes raking down my body arrogantly, "Wanna tongue fuck me?"

His friends howl like brainless idiots.

My lips curl into a frown.

"Want my fist in your face?" Aaliyah snaps.

Chase ignores her and keeps his eyes on me and I stare him down. Chase rides on fear and sick sadistic pleasure. I was so tempted to punch him in his smug face on the night of the fundraiser but I couldn't. As always.

My wrist is roughly snatched and I'm slammed against the hood of a car. Chase traps me in his arms, an artful smirk taunting me. My chest constricts in panic.

"Chase, get the fuck off of her!" Aaliyah shouts in anger.

Chase is enthralled by me, ignoring my best friend as he curls his fingers around my neck. Bitter fear clouds my body and I can't push him away. My eyes pool with tears and my heart races with horror when his lewd hands trail down my back and grope my butt.

I stop breathing, dizziness and fear break me, my heart pounding in miserable chaos.

"Chase!" Aaliyah howls but nothing is going to make Chase stop his disgusting act.

The friends that are with him, laugh and it saddens me that they're taking pleasure in a girl's sexual harassment.

Chase is ripped away from me, and I breathe in utter surprise and relief.

Daniel is seething in vicious anger, his eyes dark and deranged. Snatching Chase by his hoodie, he lands a painful-looking punch to his face. I gasp, scared and in awe. Daniel is not stopping, he has no mercy for Chase as he continues thrashing the bully. Blood gushes out of Chase's nose and lips.

Chase gets a hit in and I shriek in worry. Daniel sneers, it's sadistic, his lips curling into a dark smirk. He's crazy. He grips Chase's throat and cuffs him on his nose. Blood sprays and my breath hitches. There's a darkness to Daniel as he fights Chase with a savage, venomous energy that looks like it's been unreleased from its shackles.

"Daniel." I cry out, worried that if he continues, he's going to hurt Chase really badly and he's going to get in trouble.

Daniel's punch stops midair when he hears my voice but something drags him down to his cruel intentions and he doesn't stop hitting Chase.

"Fuck!" Kai stares in horror at Daniel.

"Daniel, stop!" Noah hauls his brother away with roughness.

Daniel is breathing like a wild animal, heartless and murderous, under Noah's hold. Chase looks awful—lip-busted, cheek bleeding, and a pretty shiner. But still, he smiles like a demented boy when he swipes across his lip, the blood surprising him.

"What is going on here?!" Principal DiLaurentis's stern voice booms through the parking lot.

I hug Aaliyah in fear.

He glares at Daniel and Chase, anger and disappointment flashing through his eyes, then his eyes glance at me.

"All three of you, in my office, now!"

<3 <3 <3 <3

I didn't do anything wrong. Why am I here? Am I going to get expelled for being the reason behind the fight? What if he calls Nate? Oh my god, this is bad. This is so bad.

Daniel is broodingly sitting beside me with an ice pack on his cheek. The bruise looks bad. Pulling a band-aid from my cardigan, I move closer to him and turn his face towards me.

Daniel's eyes stare at me.

"You didn't have to do that." I mumble softly as I carefully cover his bruised cheek.

Daniel ignores my words and instead runs his thumb across my bottom lip. I capture his gaze and almost faint. Daniel's chocolate eyes are drowning in worry yet yearning. His palm goes to cradle my cheek before he leans in, my heart thunders in anxiousness.

Oh my gosh, he's going to kiss me!

Then the door opens, I back away in surprise but not before I notice Daniel's eyes flicker in dissatisfaction and regret.

Chase walks out of the office with a relaxed attitude and when he smirks towards me, Daniel almost hits him again but I stop him by holding his arm.

Principal DiLaurentis looks at me.

"Rosé."

With flushed cheeks, I follow him inside. Sitting across his desk, I wait for my punishment.

"Rosé, Chase is being suspended for two weeks and we've opened an investigation regarding what happened." Principal DiLaurentis speaks with a serious tone.

I'm left speechless.

A boy is actually being held accountable for sexual assault? Wow.

"T-that's good."

"Are you okay, Rosé?"

"Yeah," I quietly say, "But Principal DiLaurentis, Daniel didn't do anything wrong. He was helping me. I understand he shouldn't have fought Chase but please don't expel him."

Principal DiLaurentis nods, lost in thoughts.

As I walk out, Daniel is on his phone, looking unbothered. He senses me and looks at me. The moment his eyes trail my body then catch mine, my entire body falls into a pit of shyness.

He gets up and walks towards me.

"Why do you have to be so fucking irresistible?"

My eyes widen at his words. He laughs and walks into the office once Principal DiLaurentis hollers at him from inside.