CHAPTER TEN: One-Eighty

***(Y/N) POV***

"Your spaghetti reminds me of my Mama's cooking."

It had been the better part of a week, and I had hardly moved from the bed Kid had dropped me into. Whatever medication they had given me had kicked in after a day or two, and I was slowly but surely recovering. I could even eat properly again, which was a relief.

"I'm sure your mother is a better cook than me." Killer replied, leaning on the dresser, arms folded as he waited patiently for me to finish. Swallowing another bite, I shrugged my shoulders, uncaring whether my face was covered with sauce or not.
"Meh, I wouldn't say that. It just has a...I dunno, a comforting effect, y'know? Makes me feel warm and comfy."

I was sure Killer was looking at me as though I were an idiot, and whilst he was, in walked Wire, nodding in agreement.
"She's right. You make good grub, man." He confirmed my analysis, and the blond waved him off with a limp wrist.

Still shovelling food into my mouth with one hand, I used the other to tuck my hair back so Wire could use my ear to take my temperature.
"I bet you're blushing under there. You are, aren't you?" I snickered, wincing a little at the uncomfortable pressure of the thermometer in my ear hole.

"I think I liked you better when you were half dead. Way less annoying..." Killer grumbled under his breath, running a hand down the smooth surface of his helmet as we were joined by yet another person.

Stopping at the foot of the bed, Heat placed a small bundle of black clothing on the mattress, starting to sort through it.
"Okay, so, I did what I could to get some of this stuff to fit. It's not gonna be great, but it'll do the trick until we can get you some proper clothes. I hope you like charcoal, grease, soot, obsidian, and, my personal favourite, crow."

They're all doting on me now...What a one eighty...

I wasn't complaining. No, they had all been so kind to me since I had fallen ill, but I couldn't help but be sceptical. Was it because I was a woman? Did they just pity me? That was likely the case. Still, it was better than the alternative.

"What the hell is this?! The headquarters for the bitch worshipping cult?! Get the hell out of my room! Out!" Then there was Kid. He had been...better. Not great, but not as bad as he had been before. He'd mostly made himself scarce, unless I'd needed actual assistance. Now, however, he was growing impatient.

Both Heat and Wire scurried out, the latter handing the thermometer over to Killer as he passed, leaving the three of us in the room.
"Low fever. You're getting there." Killer announced as he read my temperature, pocketing the thermometer. "Just take it easy for a bit longer and you'll be back to normal."

Whilst I nodded, my focus was on Kid, who seemed less than enthused about the whole situation. I don't think I'd ever seen him not pissed off, but he was quickly moving up to a whole other level.
"She can take it easy somewhere else! I want my damn bed back!" He snapped, pacing back and forth, seemingly fighting the urge to pick me up and throw me out of the room.

"You reap what you sow, Kid. Deal with it for a few more days." Killer sighed, patting his captain's shoulder on his way past. I kind of felt bad. Not because I was causing a great annoyance to Captain Kid, but because the rest of the crew were having to deal with his hissy fits.

"Uh, if you want I can just go chill in the infirmary? This bed kinda smells, anyway, so I don't mind moving..." I piped up, barely flinching when the red head slammed his hands either side of my legs on the mattress, leaning over with a fierce scowl.
"What the fuck are you saying it smells like, bitch?!"