CHAPTER FORTY: Scrap

***(Y/N) POV***

"For the record, it was your fault we got exiled."

Kid nudged me in the shoulder as we plodded along, causing me to stumble a few steps to the side before catching up again.
"Fuck off. You're the one that tried to climb the crane." He grumbled, not at all budging when I tried to shove him right back.

"Yeah, but you're the one who was trying to pick a fight with the entire Galley-La crew. I was only thrown out too so I could make sure you wouldn't cause any more trouble." I tried to make a case for myself, but I knew the facts. We were both annoying as hell.

It was a lazy day in the higher levels of Water 7. Less people walking the streets, not as many vendors calling out their specials, the light trickle of water running through the canals. It sounded like home.

"It's boring here. Ain't shit to do." Kid complained, the click of his heels on stone steady as we walked along.
"There's plenty to do, you're just stupid." I teased, my nose scrunching with a smile when he shot a glare down at me. "We could get something to eat, we could explore the aqueducts, we could go rent a bull so we're not walking around like peasants-"

"I'm not getting back on one of those little shits!" Kid barked, earning himself a few concerned looks from the surrounding citizens.
"Tch. Pussy." I clicked my tongue, not flinching in the slightest when Kid leered towards me, teeth bared.

"What the hell'd you just call me, brat?!" He really was making a scene, but I didn't mind. I always used to do the same thing here. Turning to look him dead in the eye, I smiled.
"A pussy. Maybe you should get your ears checked, Kidlington."

Of course, as expected, I was scruffed in an instant, right off the ground. Kid snarled directly in my face, but I wasn't worried.
"I swear to high hell, you're on thin ice!" He hissed, throttling me about a little bit. "You kept rantin' and ravin' on about this glorified piss pot, but it's boring as shit!"

Well, I was gonna save it for later, but I guess now is as good a time as any...

Kid's face softened a little when I didn't react to his aggression, but he still held me off the ground. Motioning my head, I smiled yet again, poking him in the chest.
"Actually, I know a place you'd love, but if you're not gonna act like a gentleman I might just keep it to myself..."

Quirking a non-existent brow, the redhead set me back down, though his hand still remained on my scruff, now a light touch instead of a harsh grip.
"Never in my life have I acted a gentleman, and never in yours have you honestly acted like a lady. I'd bet my nuts on that."

Snorting, I pulled his hand from my scruff and tugged him along by the wrist, glad that he didn't refuse.
"You're right, but I'm afraid I don't have a physical set of nuts to give you quite yet. Would you take an I.O.U?" I joked, chest thrumming when I finally got a slight laugh out of him.

"So, where are you leading me, anyway? If it's boring, I'll have t'make my own fun..." I didn't have to be facing him to know he was giving me a look I knew all too well, and I felt the back of my neck begin to heat up.

I hadn't forgotten about the kiss we had shared in his bed. In actuality, it had been one of the only things on my mind since, second only to returning here to Water 7. If I closed my eyes, I could still somewhat taste his lips on mine, and it never ceased to make my chest pound.

"It's a surprise, but knowing you, I think you'll like it. One of my old haunts, actually. Spent a lot of time there growing up. When I could escape, that is." I chuckled, trying not to focus on the warmth of his wrist in my hand.