CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT: There For You

Paulie: You call this every couple of days?! I've been worried sick! My hair's greying!

(Y/N): Sorry, Pauls. Haven't been having the best time recently.

Paulie: ARE YOU OKAY?! YOU SOUND HORRIBLE! WHAT HAPPENED?! I'LL STRANGLE THEM ALL! I'LL-

(Y/N): Please stop yelling. I'm hungover and my head hurts.

Paulie: Please tell me you're okay! Are you hurt?! Put that bastard Eustuss on!

(Y/N): Yeah, I got hurt. Not as bad as some of the others, but I'm okay. Definitely not as bad as...him.

Paulie: What happened? Exactly? You promised you'd stop lying to me, (Y/N).

(Y/N): We were planning on fighting one of the Emperors of the Sea, Red-Hair Shanks, but before we could even get close one of his guys came and completely decimated us. I got thrown off a cliff, and burnt my hands a bit, but I'll live.

Paulie: .......One moment.

(Y/N): Uh-huh.

Paulie:[AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-]

(Y/N): Got that out of your system now?

Paulie: No...not even a little. You got thrown off a cliff?!

(Y/N): Yes.

Paulie: And burnt? How did you end up being burned?

(Y/N): Cauterizing someone's wound so they wouldn't bleed out.

Paulie: Where the fuck was Eustass during all of this?!

(Y/N): Bleeding out from having his arm cut off.

Paulie: I...Fuck. Is...he alright..?

(Y/N): I don't know. Probably. I know he isn't dead, so...

Paulie: Wait, probably? Aren't you two always together?

(Y/N): Not anymore. He ended things, so, I don't know.

Paulie: Ah, shit...Honey, I'm sorry...

(Y/N): You don't have to pretend like you're not happy about it. I know you didn't approve.

Paulie: Yeah, but that doesn't mean I want to see your heart get broken. I know you cared about him.

(Y/N): Mmm, well, it's just how things played out. I'll live.

Paulie: You don't sound like yourself.

(Y/N): I told you, I'm hungover.

Paulie: Even when you're hungover you're usually a brat. Please don't tell me you've been masking with alcohol..?

(Y/N): So I've been drinking a little more than usual? Sue me. It isn't like you and your gambling.

Paulie: Don't start that. I've paid off all my debts. I just don't want you to get stuck in a pit.

(Y/N): Sorry...I know. I'll be okay, I promise. Killer locked all the booze up, anyway.

Paulie: Well, I'll have to thank him, then. At least someone there is looking out for you.

(Y/N): Everyone does. Aside from the captain, anyway...

Paulie: Did...you want to come home? I'm not trying to nag you, I swear! I just...if you're not comfortable being around him anymore, you know you can come back. I'll even make sure Ma and Pa don't bother you.