CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Unforseen Circumstances

"They usually have an escourt drop our whores off..."

That was true. Killer had dug up plenty of information regarding Pinbour Haven, one point being that their prostitutes were typically guided to the base, and picked up in the same place, if they even lasted until then. Despite that, Kid hadn't wanted to spare any of his men, so I had to improvise.

"I had one, but the lazy old coot refused to set foot off his ship. Can you believe it? Probably just jealous that I wasn't made for the likes of him." I huffed, brushing my hair out of my face. "I made it, though. The thrill of getting to spend some quality time with you and your guys gave me the strength to carry on all on my lonesome~"

He's old enough to be my dad. Ick.

The captain's hard stare bore holes into my form, but I held my own, internally relaxing when he finally waved his men to lower their weapons.
"It isn't often we get a whore that's so eager." He commented with a smirk, jowls scrunching. "You're even a day early. No matter, just follow me, Miss..?"

He extended his hand, and I laid my own upon it, as delicately as possible.
"Velvet. Just Velvet, Captain Swailes, Sir. It's a pleasure to be your pleasure." Every single pair of eyes on me were hungry. Raking down my body with no shame, but I couldn't let it get to me.

"She's got nicer tits than that last chick we had." One of the soldiers commented, leaning in to the man on his right.
"Legs, too. Look at them. How much do you wanna bet I can make 'em shake?"

Yikes. The only thing that'll ever make my legs shake is running uphill.

"If you'll follow me, we'll show you to the barracks. Wardzeit, call base and let them know we've got company." I didn't like how Captain Swailes said that last word, but I did as I was instructed, sucking on my teeth as the men made a formation to surround me as we walked.

"So, I hope you have experience dealing with large numbers?" Swailes strode just ahead of me, his back straight and legs stiff, and I scoffed, not wanting to seem too polite for what I was supposed to be.
"Darling, do you really think I'd be here if I wasn't experienced?" The island didn't seem that large, and from our intel, there were only about one hundred and fifty soldiers. I knew for a fact the Kid Pirates had dealt with more than that in one go, so I wasn't worried.

"What's your record for a single night?" Not breaking formation, one of the men to my left wiggled his thick brows in my direction, and I shot him a wink.
"Thirty, and that didn't stop me from walking down the street to the bar when I was done with them. I've never met my limit."

My record is one, out of three, and they were only tiny little blips spanning no more than four minutes out of each night.

On my other side, another man reached to toy with the fur of my coat, his other hand holding his rifle that had been pointed at me only moments before.
"I know you've got a good three hundred men or so to see, but I'll be making sure I'm the one you really remember."

Did he just say three fucking hundred?! Kid, abort mission! Abort! Abort me!

Willing away any visible signs of panic, I turned to look at the man. No, he wasn't a man. More like a boy.
"You're more than welcome to try, sweetie, but I'll be putting my big bucks on your Captain, there. He looks like he knows how to treat a woman."

Up ahead, Swailes chuckled to himself. It was a prideful sound that rubbed me the wrong way, but I could cope. Kid had promised to storm in before I was taken indoors, after all.

More inappropriate questions and comments were flung my way on the trek to the barracks, but I was a tough cookie. A flirt here, a bat of my lashes there, they were none the wiser. By the time we arrived at the razor wire fence line, I was itching to watch them be blown to smithereens.