Five

~Oikawa~

It's Monday meaning the weekend has unfortunately come to an end. The only plus side Oikawa can find to this is he gets to see Suga. He would usually see him before school when he and Akaashi picked him up but Suga said he has a ride already. He got to see everyone else but thanks to Sawamura, Suga was grounded and MIA all weekend. Oikawa always thinks his parents, especially his father, are dramatic and far too strict but he doesn't say anything since his parents are like the opposite so coming from him it's insensitive.

When Oikawa walks into their classroom the first person he actually sees is Sawamura. Surprisingly he's not hovering around Suga like usual, instead hanging with his friends at Iwaizumi's desk which is sadly in front of Oikawa's. But that's a small sacrifice considering Suga's desk is right next to his. It's totally worth it.

Oikawa doesn't pay them any mind, dropping his bag in his seat which gets the group's attention but he ignores them, walking over to Suga who currently has his head on his desk. Oikawa frowns, a little worried as he stops next to him. Usually, Suga would lift his head, able to sense Oikawa's presence but this time his head stays down, making Oikawa frown more.

"Suga?" Oikawa reaches down and gently places his hand on his shoulder to gain his attention. Oikawa pulls back instantly though when the boy flinches hard at the contact. Oikawa has never seen him react like that and it's definitely not a normal reaction or a good sign. Suga sighs and slowly lifts his head, glancing up at Oikawa. He looks absolutely wrecked and exhausted, the sight making Oikawa's stomach sink a little. It's not the first time Suga has been like this after being grounded by his father, but it's never been this severe.

"Hey sorry..."

"Are, are you okay? No offense but you look like shit." Suga chuckles tiredly and sighs again.

"Yeah sorry, just had a long weekend..." Oikawa frowns more, knowing that there is definitely something more but he doesn't push too much.

"Are you sure, you look really—" Oikawa reaches for him once more, Suga flinching again, squinting his eyes shut for a second. He then relaxes and gives Oikawa a tired smile.

"Sorry I just, I dunno it's been a weird morning and I'm kinda really against physical touch right now. Sorry, I don't know why but if you could just..." He trails off again, looking at his desk.

"Hey," Oikawa taps his foot lightly, grateful Suga doesn't flinch this time, getting him to look back up. "You don't have to be sorry. Whatever you need alright." Oikawa flashes him a smile and sees him let out a relieved sigh and give a more authentic smile back, which lessens the pit in Oikawa's stomach.

Something is clearly up though. He's again never looked this wrecked after getting in trouble but more importantly, Suga has never flinched when any of their friends touched him. Oikawa doesn't really know how to bring that up and doesn't really get the chance as their teacher comes in.

Oikawa drops it for now, taking his seat along with the rest of the class. As Oikawa gets out his notes, he's surprised to see Iwaizumi, Kuroo and Sawamura send him a look he can't read, before turning and paying attention. Oikawa doesn't think anything of it. If it's actually important he'll learn soon enough.

~~~

There's a quick morning break between lessons which Oikawa usually spends with Suga but given that Suga didn't even have the energy to lift his head during class, Oikawa decides to leave him for now. He clearly needs some rest.

If anything it works out since Oikawa forgot to do his homework for their next lesson, so now is his time to bullshit his way to completion.

He gets to it, mainly focused on his notebook as he scribbles down nonsense, only taking time to spare Suga a few concerned glances. Suga doesn't budge or acknowledge it.