Thirty

~Suga~

Oikawa never came back to lunch.

Suga wanted to go check on him—something was clearly really wrong. But his friends convinced him to give the boy space. Based on how sharp and short his responses were it was pretty clear he wasn't in the mood for tons of worried questions.

So they left him alone. Suga grabbed his and Oikawa's bags and brought them to class which is now where he sat, anxiously staring at the door waiting for Oikawa to walk in.

And he also couldn't help but notice that Iwaizumi wasn't in class yet either.

Usually, that wouldn't be weird. But considering he was there when Oikawa passed out and both Kuroo and Daichi were already in class, chatting at their desks, it was suspicious, to say the least.

The bell rang, signaling students to all take their seats before the teacher came in. Still no Tōru.

Suga was starting to get worried.

Oikawa didn't even have his phone with him so Suga couldn't text him.

The teacher walks in: Still no Tōru.

She puts down her stuff:  No Tōru.

She instructs everyone to take out their math books: No Tōru.

Finally, when she turns around to write out something on the board, two people sneak into the back of the classroom and take their seats. Suga narrows his eyes as he watches Oikawa walk in with Iwaizumi right behind him.

Oikawa met Suga's eyes and Suga could see he felt...guilty, over something maybe how he reacted in the hallway. Maybe for not returning to the cafe. He gives Suga a slight smile as he sits down. Suga doesn't return it. Not on purpose. He's just too busy eyeing Iwaizumi trying to decide if he wants to go with: they were together or just happened to walk in at the same time.

If its the latter, that would likely mean Oikawa had been alone this whole time, and after passing out that wasn't a comforting thought.

But if it's the former, that means Oikawa has been alone with Iwaizumi and Suga definitely doesn't like that at all.

He doesn't know which is better.

The teacher starts talking but Suga focuses on scribbling out a note and then subtly passing it to Oikawa. He waits impatiently, tapping his pencil on his notebook as their teacher goes through how to solve a certain type of equation.

The paper falls back on his desk and he quickly opens it.

- Are you okay? You never came back to lunch. Were you with Iwaizumi?

-I'm fine, don't worry.

Suga glares at the note and glances at Oikawa who clearly does everything in his power to seem super focused on the lesson. As if he suddenly is super into math of all subjects. Suga crumbles up the piece of paper, deciding to handle this at the break.

He knows what he has to do.

~~~

Their afternoon break starts and Suga looks to see Oiakwa instantly put his head down. Maybe it is a strategy to avoid talking to Suga, but Oikawa did seem genuinely tired and he did pass out so Suga lets it slide.

He's not the one he wants to talk to anyway.

Suga gets up, pushes in his chair, and walks to the hallway which is surprisingly mostly empty— it is nice outside so that's where most kids meander too. He leans against the ledge that separates the wall and window, facing his classroom door as he pulls out his phone and types out a quick message.