Eight

~Oikawa~

Oikawa is pissed off. Not only did Iwaizumi push back their meeting by 45 minutes but he's also late to the new timing he set. He watches Iwaizumi walk into the cafe, glaring at him as he approaches. "So you push the meeting back and then you are like 15 minutes late. Honestly I—" Iwaizumi holds up his hand, cutting off the boy as he places a drink in front of him.

Iwaizumi takes the seat across from him as Oikawa just stares at the drink, a little confused. He looks back at the boy, still mad so he goes to cuss him out again but Iwaizumi stops him.

"Before you continue because I figured that wouldn't be enough to get you to not complain, I have some interesting information about one of your friends." Oikawa's eyes widened before glowering.

"Are you trying to bribe me?"

"Is it working?" He says with a smirk, Oikawa chooses to not respond and takes a sip of the drink which happens to be one of his favorites: Milk tea with boba. Iwaizumi chuckles. "Aren't you interested at all in what I have to relay?"

"I don't trust you and am thinking you made it up."

"You don't even know what it is yet."

"Doesn't matter, why should I trust your word?"

"Why would I lie?" Oikawa doesn't have a response to that either because the boy has a point. From what he's gathered about Iwaizumi he doesn't see much reason in lying about trivial things. And Oikawa is well aware he won't lie to spare people's feelings.

"Fine fine, what information do you have? If it's good enough I won't lay into you for being late." Iwaizumi rolls his eyes.

"I saw Bokuto walking your friend, Akaashi, home. They were talking and seemed to know each other though I could be wrong." Oikawa's eyes widened.

"Has...has Bokuto ever mentioned Akaashi to you guys?" Iwaizumi smirks.

"He has. Not sure I can say what he's said but he has mentioned him. He did not, however, say anything implying that the two of them have talked. So I'm honestly as shocked as you. They seem to be polar opposites." Oikawa clicks his tongue, truly surprised and not really sure how to react. Out of all of them, Akaashi is the last person to get involved with that group, least of all with Bokuto. It really sounds like a total lie which is what makes Oikawa believe it. He doesn't think Iwaizumi would come up with a lie like this. "So, does that information suffice?" Oikawa rolls his eyes.

"I guess it will do. If you're late again though don't just expect you can buy me with boba and gossip." Iwaizumi smirks.

"You're a very simple person, I'm pretty sure I can buy you with those two things anytime." Oikawa again refrains from responding, which is telling enough as Iwaizumi smirks.

"Whatever, let's just...try to make some progress, unlike yesterday."

"Yeah yeah, I actually did some research last night." Oikawa's eyes widen a little as Iwaizumi pulls out his laptop, typing something in before turning the screen for Oikawa to see. "Nothing fancy, I honestly just made a list of different resources we can use to gather information. Websites, books, videos, etc... Then with Daichi's help, we made a small list of books by Orwell that seem interesting and worth looking into. Daichi enjoyed them so I figure we give them a shot."

Oikawa is stunned. After their first meeting, he honestly had very low expectations of Iwaizumi's work ethic and motivation but now, clearly, he was totally wrong. It's not like Iwaizumi gave off a good impression when it came to that stuff so you can't really blame him.

"Impressed?" He says smugly, drawing Oikawa's attention from the screen. Oikawa just rolls his eyes and shrugs, pushing the computer back.

"I'm surprised you care about my approval, Iwa-chan," Oikawa says with a smirk, causing Iwaizumi's expression to drop, annoyed.