Twenty Nine

Disclaimer: this chapter contains triggering topics of  eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia. There are also subtle mentions of drug addiction. Please proceed with caution, nothing is graphic, the topic of starving yourself is merely talked about.
_________________________________

~Iwaizumi~

When Iwaizumi stepped into the room he found Oikawa, hands pressed on the counter as he leans forward, head tilted down. He can see the small droplets of water trace down his cheek, jaw, all the way until they fall into the porcelain sink.

Clearly, he had just splashed some water on his face, likely to clear his head, and based on his expression, it didn't work.

Oikawa knows he's there. Can't not considering how loud the bathroom door is in the deafening silence the room has been left in. Even the click of the lock as Iwaizumi traps them inside seems so loud—bouncing off the walls.

Oikawa doesn't move as Iwaizumi takes a couple steps forward. He leaves a good amount of distance between them as he studies the boy, his hands casually slipping into his pockets. He studies him even though he can't really see his face: his hair is in the way, blocking his eyes.

But he can study his body. See how tense his jaw is. How his fingertips are turning white from how hard Oikawa must be pushing against it. His shoulders are drawn up tight and his breath is heavier than usual. Not like before though. This time, heavier from anger.

The boy was mad...Iwaizumi didn't fully know what he was mad at and why he was mad. Being mad you passed out makes sense but...

Then Oikawa's gaze snaps over to Iwaizumi who slowly looks and meets it. He is truly surprised when he's met with a sharp, angry glare. Anger very clearly directed at Iwaizumi. Iwaizumi raises his eyebrows.

"The fuck you glaring at?" He keeps his voice sharp: he's not here to comfort or provide sympathy. His tone and words seem to only worsen the anger the boy in front of him is feeling.

It's surprising, to say the least.

"You jackass." He bites out and Iwaizumi feels his eyes widen a bit with confusion. He knows he's an asshole, he never denies that. But in this moment he truly cannot think of one thing he did that would warrant this type of anger.

"Are you fucking mad at me?" He accuses and just watches Oikawa scoff, turning his head to look back down at the sink. Iwaizumi can't believe what he's seeing.  "You're really going to be pissed at me after you passed out?" He sees Oikawa grit his teeth, fingers pressing even harder into the concrete.

"You didn't need to get them." Iwaizumi takes one step closer, confused as fuck and also mad he's getting blamed for being a decent fucking person for once in his life.

"What?" He asks with one more step, hands slipping out of his pockets. There is still plenty of distance between them as Oikawa flashes Iwaizumi a strong glare again. That's when it clicks. "What, your friends?" Unbelievable. Oikawa is clenching his jaw.

"I said I was fine." Iwaizumi rolls his eyes.

Unbelievable.

"Yeah because people who pass out are usually fine." Oikawa's glare turns even sharper, it appearing as if Oikawa is holding himself back from punching either Iwaizumi or the sink.

"You shouldn't have gotten them." His voice raises a little, words barely echoing off stalls and mirrors. Iwaizumi clenches his own fists. It's unfair. Hearing this shit. Being blamed for what he did.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me. Excuse me for trying to help." Oikawa finally stands up straight and turns, body finally facing Iwaizumi and now in a position where he can clench his fists. Something he does so hard he's shaking slightly.