Twenty Three

~Akaashi~

He's been here before.

Taking a deep breath as he leans over his bathroom sink, looking at his reflection in the mirror, contemplating his life choices.

Last time he honestly didn't know why he had agreed to go to fucking Bokuto Kōtarō's house of all places. He knew he was an idiot yet still went along with it.

This time though, despite his wishes, he has a pretty good idea why he keeps saying yes to this man. Why it's so fucking hard to say no to him every time he flashes his smile or looks at Akaashi like he's the only person on earth.

Especially after Suga told them what he heard from Daichi.

He knows why. He knows exactly why.

And he fucking hates it. He hates how excited he is this Saturday morning. Hates that he's actually smiling at the thought of seeing the man. He hates it.

He quickly turns on the sink and splashes cold water over his face, as if that would achieve something.

He gasps a little as the chilled liquid touches his skin, running down his cheeks, nose, forehead, and chin. And he sighs after a second, turning off the faucet and looking at his now damp face in the mirror.

Fuck.

He takes a slow, deep breath and grabs a towel, dabbing his face dry before quickly pushing himself away from the sink and leaving the bathroom.

Whatever his brain is expecting or hoping to happen has his heart pounding, and nerves prickling in his chest as he grabs his keys and phone and leaves his room.

When he reaches the bottom of the stairs he spots his parents out of the corner of his eye, sitting close together on the couch, blanket over their lap and his dad's arm around his mother's shoulder, holding her close. It's sweet, making Akaashi smile as he walks over to let them know he's leaving.

"Well don't you look nice honey." His mother says when she takes in his outfit and Akaashi fights with every bone in his body to not blush.

"I'm uh just going out for the day. I'll be back before dinner." His mom's comment made his anxiety triple.

He didn't put any extra effort into his looks today. He didn't. He swears.

"You boys doing anything special?" His mother asks, likely referring to his outfit which really isn't anything special. But he guesses compared to what he usually wears on the weekend it is...slightly nicer.

He usually just wears a T-shirt and pants or jeans. At most, he'll add a necklace to that.

Today though, he's wearing a low-cut dark teal thin sweater. It's a little oversized so it is barely on his shoulders. So he also wears a black v-cut tank top, the thick straps clearly shown. The sleeves of the sweater cover his hands to his fingertips if they are loose, right now he has them bunched up as he holds his phone and keys. He also just had on some normal shorts since it's decent weather outside.

As for jewelry, he honestly doesn't even own that much. But today he's wearing a necklace gifted to him by Kenma the year they met. A gold chain with the cursive Fukurō. He's also wearing earrings, which is something he almost never does. Most people don't even know he has his ears pierced, something dumb Suga dragged him into at one of their sleepovers. He's wearing little diamond studs. He also has an ear cuff on his left ear. Why? Don't ask he honestly has no fucking idea why he's done any of this. He also has no idea where the ear cuff is even from. Probably Suga.

"Not really, I was just a little bored this morning." He says and his mother just smiles sweetly.

"Alright well have fun, be back by 5, okay?" He nods, returns her smile, and steps away.