Thirty Three

Disclaimer: this chapter contains descriptions of a severe panic attack. Please proceed with caution.
_________________________________

~Suga~

Suga doesn't know why he's here. Or how he ended up on the roof. He just started walking and...here he is, stepping through the door and squinting his eyes as the sunbeats harshly down upon him.

Maybe he came because no one would be here. Most of the school doesn't even know you can come up here. It's not allowed, but they don't usually lock the door so they are honestly asking for this.

Suga honestly couldn't care less. He just wants everything in his life to stop for a moment. Just one. It's all he's asking for.

At this point, Suga shouldn't even be surprised to find the boy, sitting against a wall in the shade. He should just accept that this is his luck.

Part of Suga's brain tells him to just turn around. Go back inside and avoid...everything. He's sure he could find another sport to relax and be alone in.

But the illogical part of his brain, the part that has been the most in control lately, has him shutting the door and walking over to the boy who is doing something in his sketchbook.

Nothing new there.

Daichi looks up at the sound of the door closing and gives Suga a smile. Suga rolls his eyes but takes a seat next to him.

"I didn't expect to find anyone up here." He doesn't look at Daichi as he speaks. He keeps his eyes in front of him, looking at the sky, and clouds, and tall fence that lines the edge of the roof.

"Is that why you came up here?" Suga shrugs, drawing his knees to his chest. Daichi frowns. "You okay?" Suga shakes his head. Daichi doesn't respond for a moment, which Suga is fine with. He honestly could use the silence. He doesn't think he has the energy or patience to deal with Daichi being...Daichi. Suga feels Daichi return to his drawing which gets him to look over at the page. It's a picture of an older man, playing with a dog in a living room.

"Who is that?" He asks and Daichi glances over at him before looking back at the picture, continuing his shading.

"My dad and dog." Suga looks at him surprised.

"You have a dog?" Daichi laughs quietly.

"Why, do you like dogs?" Suga rolls his eyes.

"People who don't like dogs are psychopaths." Daichi laughs again.

"Then what's your excuse?" Suga smiles and rolls his eyes.

"What other kinds of things do you draw?" He doesn't know why he's asking. He shouldn't ask but...he guesses he needs a distraction. Needs to not...think, for a moment. Besides, he is actually curious since majority of his drawings that Suga has seen have been of him. Instead of answering, Daichi just passes him the sketchbook. Suga looks at him, surprised but slowly takes the book from him, stretching out his legs. He begins to hesitantly flip through the pages, aware of Daichi's eyes on him.

He's actually a little surprised by what he finds. For one, Daichi doesn't actually give Suga every drawing he does of him. Suga finds a few. Some are just sketches. Some complete. Suga doesn't comment on them, no matter how they make him feel. Instead, he focuses on the other pictures.