Twenty Two

~Kenma~

It was Friday and for some reason that made the energy in the classroom higher than usual. It was only their morning break yet the classroom was filled with the chatter of Kenma's classmates, talking about weekend plans, playing little makeshift games at their desks, quickly doing homework they forgot to do the night before. It was chaotic.

Which is why Kenma wasn't there. Five minutes in he decided he was done and headed to the calmer hallway to get a drink from the vending machine. Akaashi stayed behind, a little more tired than usual so he didn't want to get up.

He said he didn't want anything but after Kenma slipped the apple juice into his pocket, he punched the button for canned coffee. Akaashi looked like he could use it honestly.

If he hadn't he'd probably have gotten away in time.

He crouches down as footsteps approach. A part of him already knows who it is when they stop a couple feet to his right. He wants to be wrong as he reaches in and grabs the coffee.

"Hey." He's not though and just the sound of his voice has emotions ripping through Kenma's brain. Anger most prominent to the point where he puts a dent in the can he's gripping.

"Take a fucking hint Kuroo." He says sharply as he rises back to his feet and turns to leave.

"Kenma—" A hand wraps around Kenma's wrist in a loose grip which Kenma instantly jerks out of as he turns with a glare.

"No." Kuroo looks desperate.

"Please Ken—"

"Don't call me that." He snaps harshly, fighting down the emotions that try to escape at the sound of that name.

"Will you please just listen to me?" He pleads and Kenma is so tired of this.

"No."

"You won't even hear me out?" Kenma grits his teeth and refrains from rolling his eyes.

"Haven't I made that clear!?" He really does try not to raise his voice, to not draw attention to himself. But he can't help raising it a little bit in pure anger and annoyance. He's tired of repeating himself.

"Kenma please I just—"

"I don't care!" He doesn't. "I don't care what you have to say, I don't care how many times you say sorry!" He doesn't. "I don't believe you, okay? I don't so leave me alone!" He truly doesn't.

He turns and walks away quickly back to class, annoyance simmering in his blood, threatening to spill out. He practically slams the coffee down at his desk, startling Akaahsi who had his head down.

He looks up instantly at Kenma, concern and confusion written all over his face. "Kenma?" Kenma leans against his desk, gripping the sides of the wood.

"Why can't he fucking leave me alone." He says more to himself but the statement has Akaashi's full attention, something shifting in his gaze.

"Kuroo-san?" He asks and Kenma doesn't answer, doesn't need to. He falls back into his seat with a long groan. Akaashi frowns and his eyebrows furrow a little as whips out his phone. Kenma relaxes a little and watches Akaashi type something out.

"What are you doing?"

"Texting Suga." Akaashi looks up at Kenma who doesn't look surprised by his answer. Just looks...conflicted. Akaashi frowns and lowers his phone when he sees Kenma's expression. "Unless you don't want me to. They wouldn't take things too far you know." Kenma scoffs in amusement.

"Suga would." Akaashi laughs a little.

"He wouldn't at school so Kuroo-san's life would be safe." Kenma sighs and his expression starts to fall. It hurts. All of this hurts and he truly just wants it to stop.