°1°

° ° ° ° ° ° °
TAMMY:
° ° ° ° ° ° °
What if I hadn't transfered into a new school?

What if I never made friends?

What if I hadn't easily trusted the one?

Perhaps everything would've still been fine.

Too bad it already happened.

It all started when mum had excitedly told Ife and I that my new school year was going to be great, incredible and none like no other and I honestly thought she was being unusually optimistic, until she broke the 'big' news about our school change few days ago, giving me no time to object as she had already bought the school uniforms and had made all the payments.

I swear, as long as mum picked the new school, I knew I was gonna hate it.

"You have every reason to love Diamond High. To begin with, It's one of the best schools in this state. It's academic standards are much more advanced and organized than that of your previous school, and the students engage in extra-curricular activities also." She had said.

Let's be honest, even if no one knew, I knew the true reason mum wanted me in the school.

For starters, the daughter of my mother's best friend attends the school. No need to go into more details.

Secondly, the extra-curricular activities the school engage in would save her the cost of putting me in those trainings that usually last for months or so.

I heard the door jerk open as I wrote down my thoughts on the stupid new school on a sticky note.

Ifeoluwa, my dear twin brother, happened to be the person coming in.

"Tammy, what's the capital of Chile?" He asked, plopping his butt on my bed and still staring at the book he held.

"I'm busy." I stated.

"I won't stay long, just answer my question." He said.

"Aren't you meant to be getting ready for school?" I asked. "As you can see, I am."

"Tammy." He said. "I'm wearing my school uniform too and have eaten breakfast, whereas, you haven't."

I rolled my eyes at him. "It's Santiago." I told him. "You can go. If mum asks, tell her I'll come down for breakfast soon."

I boringly watched him nod his head, scribble stuffs on his book, then stood up and left the room.

As soon as the door was shut, I tore out a paper from my sticky note and stuck it at the back of my mirror.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror and smiled in satisfaction. I was clad in a white short sleeve button T-shirt, tucked into a black flare skirt that fell just a bit past my mid-thigh and wore a black tie. A deep red blazer was worn over the shirt and stopped a few distances past my waist. I wore black knee socks and black shoes.

Nice uniform though.

I reached for my bag, turned around and walked out of the room.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Just as Ife and I stepped out of the car, a loud squeal immediately grabbed our attention, well Ife's. So, while Ife tried to figure out where the sound had come from, I decided to ignore it and take in the wonderful scenery of the school instead.

The school had two buildings, each painted in red and black. I took a wild guess and assumed one was the senior block and the other, the junior.

The wide school compound was cemented and decorated with various ornamental plants and groomed bushes.