°8°

° ° ° ° ° °
TAMMY:
° ° ° ° ° °
I sat on a seat in Mandel's class and rested my head on my arms I placed on the desk as Mandel kept telling me about her favorite TikToker, a Nigerian high school student who made dance videos with her friends, or sometimes costume imitations of characters in movies or film series.

According to Mandel, she goes by the name, Elia and she has up to a million followers. She was that famous.

Personally, I didn't believe any of what Mandel said. Although I had come to the conclusion that if she was right, Elia's one million followers had wasted useful time watching a teenage girl and her friends dance and play dress up, because to me...

It was plain stupid!

"....And she flipped her hair and smiled. She looked so cute with her dimple honestly, and with the way she styled her hair into a ponytail, she looked like a darker version of Arianna Grande. That girl's gonna go places." Mandel said, smiling proudly and I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

Just as I was about to say something, Mandel beat me to it.

"She had worn Descendants- inspired clothing in one of her videos and she made such a pretty Evie." She gushed.

I looked down at my watch and sighed.

Just few five more minutes until assembly, then this talk about 'Elia' could come to an end.

It wasn't like I found her talk boring, I just felt it was rather annoying to talk so much about a total stranger, someone you've never met but have only seen on your phone or television as if you both are best of friends meanwhile that stranger has no knowledge about your existence.

"Mandel, you're wasting your time talking about this girl. Let's talk about something else, shall w—"

"What do you mean I'm wasting my time?" Mandel said, cutting me off as she narrowed her brows.

I shrugged. "Well, yeah. While you're here busying yourself by gushing over someone you saw on TikTok, that person doesn't even know you exist. She's living her life in another part of the world."

"She lives right here in Lagos." She said.

"It doesn't change the fact that she doesn't know you even though you know her. So talking about her is a waste of your time." I said, standing up to stretch.

Her mouth dropped slightly open as if I had said something bigger than what I said. "You know, if I was a celebrity like her, she would know me."

"But you're not, are you?" I replied.

"I could be."

My out stretched arms stopped moving and I darted my gaze to her. "You wanna be a celebrity? How? And because of who, Elia?"

"I could create videos on TikTok, with time I'd get popular and I would be able to fangirl over her in peace without some busybodies telling me I can't do so. You know why? Because she'd know me by then."

I let out a short laugh and shook my head. "I'm a busy body now for telling you the truth. Good luck with your plan anyway. I've got nothing against that."

I turned around, deciding to head back to my class before we would all be called to the assembly hall when the door was pushed open and in came...

A short gasp was let out behind me and I needed no soothe sayer to know it was Mandel.

The girl that had stepped in had straightened and shimmered her suprisingly long afro hair and styled it into a french braid, with a 'Glam' bedazzled hair pin holding up the long shiny strands of hair she parted at the front that were almost touching her honey eyes.