°33°

° ° ° ° ° °
AIDAN:
° ° ° ° ° °
I knew I was meant to mind my business and stay by the door instead to wait for Samuel when I had seen Otamayomi walk out of the school field looking really down.
Down wasn't the right word to fix her expression on, the look on her face was hard to put a finger on as when I looked at her, I was struck with the intense emotions of anger and dread.

By the time I'd noticed her presence, she was already staring back at me, and the first thing I noticed was the fact that she wasn't okay. I saw the raw intensity of what she must have been feeling when I looked into her eyes, and it hit me hard.

She tore her gaze from me and stormed out of the sports field, through the door. My legs moved on their own accord and I found myself walking after her.

Just as Tammy walked into the Seniors block and I was about to go in, after her, a hand gripped my wrist and I stopped, turning around slowly. I raised a brow.

"I'm sad too, Aidan."

I looked back at the entrance of the Senior's block, then, back to Mandel. "We'll talk later, okay."

"No!" She exclaimed. "I want you to give me just as much attention as you're giving her!"

I tilted my head, my brows still raised, then, pulled my hands out of her grip and moved back. "People that take pleasure in seeing others miserable don't deserve my attention."

I turned around to move again but she held me by my wrist. I furrowed my brows and turned slowly, looking down at her.

"I've been in this school way longer than she has, we've been project partners before, I'm your music partner. You're supposed to be with me, not her!" She exclaimed.

I didn't say anything but rather looking down at my wrist she held and back to her, my brows still furrowed. She pulled her hand immediately away.

"Wasn't she your friend? Why're you talking about her like you've never liked her?" I asked, calmly.

"Of course I liked her, until she started spending more time with you than me. I mean, you don't expect me to still be friendly with her after she's tried to take you from me, do you?"

I raised a brow and tilted my head again, unabashedly amused. The boldness this girl had to tell me she owned me before Otamayomi came to the school.

"I was never yours, Mandel. Not now, not ever."

And I've made that very clear before.

She looked at me dumbstruck, she moved her lips but they didn't will her to speak. She was rooted to the spot. I scoffed, rolling my eyes at her and turned to walk into the Senior's block which wasn't very far from where we stood.

When I had gotten near the entrance, about stepping in, Mandel yelled. "Why do you like her so much? What's she good for? She's worth nothing! She couldn't even handle her health problems right! She's so rude and insultive! Tell me, Aidan. Why wouldn't you look at me the way you look at that cheap thing!!"

I stopped walking, my brows deeply narrowed and I could feel my jaws clench as I gritted my teeth with my lips shut. Mandel stormed towards me, hands on her waist with an eye brow raised.

"Answer me." She said.

With my brows still narrowed, I turned around slowly and shoved my hands in my pockets. "I'm not going to waste my time on this Mandel. You want a straight answer?"

She nodded.

"Well." I started. "It's simple, really. That cheap thing?" I paused, lowering my head down to Mandel's height and leaning closer to her and I watched her gulp at my act.