°4°

° ° ° ° ° °
TAMMY:
° ° ° ° ° °
The first week of this new term in Diamond High had been quiet... Uneventful on some days, and it was a weekend, a Saturday to be precise.

Mum and Dad had gone out to visit a friend, leaving just Ife, I and the workers at home.

I knocked on Ifeoluwa's room door and awaited his reply to let me come in, but after hearing nothing, I shrugged and pushed the door open only to see him shirtless and sleeping soundlessly on his bed.

I stomped into the room and plopped my butt on the spacious side of the bed, then nudged and shook Ifeoluwa. He let out a loud yawn and stretched his arms with his eyes still shut.

I rolled my eyes at him.

It was just 2:30 PM.

"Ifeoluwa, wake up now. I want to tell you something." I said, shaking him and pouting my lips. A loud groan escaped his lips as he shrugged my hands off and sat properly on the bed, then rubbed his eyes with the back of his palms.

"God! Tammy, didn't you see I was asleep?" He asked.

"Yes, but I was impatient. So, like I said, I want to tell you something." I said.

He stood up and began walking towards his wardrobe. "Go on." He said.

"Is it just me or does something seem off about Mandel?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Ife asked in reply.

"You know Mandel. She's always so happy, and somewhat bubbly, it almost seems impossible for people to hate her but it seems she's disliked by everyone in Diamond High." I said.

Ife put on a red t-shirt and nodded his head as a sign that he was listening. "I asked her about it but she just dismissed the issue like it was nothing." I said, letting out a sigh and throwing my arms up.

Ife finally sat beside me, and shrugged. "Well, I personally don't think Mandel's a bad person so—"

"Why wouldn't you when you have a crush on her." I teased as I wiggled my brows at him. Ife looked at me with an expression that looked similar to shock or amusement, then he furrowed his brows and shook his head.

"I don't have a—"

"But you're smiling." I said, laying on his bed on my stomach. "Oga, it's not me you want to deceive."

He bit his lips as if to prevent him from smiling. "So as I was saying. We've been in this school for a week, just a week, give it more time, and things might start to make sense."

I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

Ife likes Mandel!

"Are you attending Daniella's party? I already asked mum if I could go and she said it's okay." I told him.

He shrugged. "Sure."

I stood up and clapped my hands in excitement. "Okay, so I've got an idea of the outfits I'll wear to the party, but I can't seem to decide between two dresses."

I turned around and started to walk out of his room.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm going to bring the dresses." I said.

"Do I look like a girl to you? Call one of those your friends and ask them for advice." He yelled after me.

"And risk my credit getting finished when I already have an advisor at home. If only you knew how much sapa is dealing with me right now." I said, and walked out of his room.