°31°

° ° ° ° ° °
TAMMY:
° ° ° ° ° °
I applied the lipgloss hastily and grabbed my socks and school shoes, glancing at my wrist watch.

I was so late!

Absentmindedly, I tossed my lipgloss to God-knows-where as I sat on the edge of the bed, quickly putting on my socks and shoes.

"Otamayomi! Come down, you're late!"

I bit my lip and glanced at the door, then, stood up in search for my school bag.

"Coming Mum!" I replied.

I let out a puff as I walked into the closet, still looking for my school bag. I felt so frustrated, this was completely unlike me. I always got ready on time, I was never late.

I sighed in frustration. I overslept for the stupidest of reasons. I couldn't stop thinking about what Aidan told me under the tree.

"Don't frown, don't stop smiling. You're really pretty when you're happy."

I couldn't believe I spent almost my entire night thinking about just two statements. It felt so ridiculous, I had forced myself to sleep that night and I tried to ignore how happy those words made me feel.

I never really got much complements from people other than my family members, not even Joel did that. It felt different coming from him.

I really tried ignoring it, all to no avail. I fell asleep eventually, two hours before my alarm went off and I woke up an hour and thirty minutes later.

Now, I was in a rush not to ruin my perfect punctuality record.

"Finally!" I exclaimed, tossing my bag over my shoulders and racing out of the room, glancing at my watch at the same time.

When I got to the dining, I grabbed a pancake and ate it quickly, trying to catch up with my dad who unfortunately had decided to take us to school today.

I was about moving out of the house when I realized I hadn't seen Ifeoluwa all morning.

I dropped my bag and raced back upstairs, and pushed the door of Ifeoluwa's room open.

"Ife, we're —"

I halted and gasped in shock. My brother hadn't even gotten out of bed. I groaned in frustration and pulled my shoe angrily, then, threw it at him, aiming for his head but missing. It hit his back and he jolted out of sleep immediately.

He spotted me almost immediately. "What was that for?"

I glared at him and marched up to him, then threw his duvet aside. "It's 7:40 and Dad's taking us to school! Shut up and go take a shower!"

His eyes grew as wide as saucer and he scurried out of bed and into his bathroom.

I glanced at his wardrobe where he hung his towel and back to the bathroom door. Ifeoluwa scurried out again, took his towel and went back in.

I giggled at his act and walked out of his room, still a bit pissed at the outcome of the morning as I took my shoe with me.

Unfortunately, when I had gotten downstairs, my Dad was nowhere to be found.

He probably grew impatient and went to work.

I sighed in frustration and sat down on the sofa, waiting for Ifeoluwa.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
The moment all of Art class stepped into our classroom and the mathematics teacher walked in after, writing the words 'Test' boldly on the whiteboard, I knew I was screwed.