°46°

° ° ° ° ° °
AIDAN:
° ° ° ° ° °
I jotted down the last bits of information the teacher stated before the automatic bell had went off and she walked away.

Since the day started, we hadn't had any form of teaching by the teachers. This was because it had gotten to the Revision week, the last week of normal classes before our exams would commence. All the teachers did at this period was set up tests to prepare us for the exams.

My gaze went up to look through the board, just in case the teacher had written anything I forgot to take down but my eyes fell on Otamayomi instead. I rested the side of my face on my upright arm and looked back at her, sadly.

A week had passed since I last spoke with her. She had suddenly gotten very busy, and each time I approached her and tried to talk to her, she would come up with the excuse that she had to study and then walk off in a haste.

There was a time I had gone to the library to borrow some books. I felt someone looking my way and I turned, only to see it was Otamayomi, but she looked away quickly with her books in her hand and walked off like she hadn't noticed my presence.

And another time, I met her and Amorette in the hallway, I walked up to them to let Amorette know she was being called by a teacher, but Otamayomi noticed me before I got to them and walked away without sparing me so much as a glance.

I couldn't help but think she was avoiding me, again. It felt like a stab at my heart.

"Bro."

I turned to the side at the mention of my name and I saw Ayomide frowning at me. He nodded his head in the direction of Otamayomi.

"Problem?" He asked.

I sighed, leaning back on my chair and returning my gaze to Otamayomi, and I watched her smile at Amorette who had just walked into the classroom as they conversed.

"I don't know, bro." I said, shrugging, placing my hands in my pocket. "But I think Otamayomi's avoiding me."

"Oh." I heard him say.

I turned to him with furrowed brows. "Oh? Is that all you're going to say?"

"Tammy told me about a week okay that she planned to avoid you."

With my brows still furrowed, I looked at him and asked, "Why?"

He shrugged. "Beats me. She told me something but I think it's best you hear it yourself. I think you should try talking to her and figuring out what the problem is.

"What did she tell you?" I asked him.

He smiled and patted me on my shoulder. "Like I said, I think it's best if you hear it yourself."

Then, he placed an arm around my shoulders and looked in Otamayomi's direction. I did the same.

"Talk to her after school and find out what the problem is." He said.

I shook my head, and took his hand off of my shoulders. "You say like it's easy."

He grinned and patted me on my back. "Of course it is."

I gave him a look but he seemed to have found it amusing and humorous rather than warning because he looked back at me and burst out laughing.

Then, he pointed at me and laughed some more. "You need to see your face right now."

I lowered my head to my arms and placed my thumb, index and middle finger on the center of my forehead, shaking my head. I turned to him with a brow raised.

"Really, Ayo?"

His laughter died down, eventually and he looked at me.

"Call Amorette. Let her talk to Tammy for you, or better still, you can ask Ifeoluwa, he might be more convincing."