°42°

° ° ° ° ° °
TAMMY:
° ° ° ° ° °
The Biology teacher stepped out of the class, and almost immediately, Daniella, who I just realized hadn't been in class all day, waltzed in and stood at the centre of the classroom, calling for the attention of my rowdy classmates.

When the classroom had quieted down, she cleared her throat and wore a frown.

"So sorry girls, the slumber party I planned wouldn't be held this Friday anymore. My house is getting exterminated and repainted, so we wouldn't even be home throughout that day."

'Awns' and 'Too bads' were heard from the different corners of the classroom immediately as she gracefully made her way to the back of the class, where most of the guys had gone to settle.

She paused and turned. "We're still doing it though, it'd be held next week Friday."

And the class erupted in series of excited comments.

She turned to the boys as they huddled round her and I watched her speak with them in hushed tones and a mischievous smile.

I spotted Aidan leaning on the wall, with his hands in his hoodie pocket, as usual, as he listened to Daniella speak.

He had that lazy look on again, and almost bored expression, and I couldn't help but notice how pleasantly different he looked.

As if sensing someone had been staring at him, he looked up and locked eyes with me, those lazy but intense brown eyes met mine.

I was tempted to look away like always, to feel flustered and blink, but I knew it wasn't like me to feel shy. So, with all the strength and courage I could muster, I maintained eye contact with him.

And I stared.

And stared.

And stared.

Slowly, the corner of his lips went up in an amused smile. The smile grew into a grin. Then, he moved to whisper something to someone beside him and I watched him make his way to my direction.

My eyes widened.

My gosh!

What had I done? Why was he heading towards me?

I groaned internally. Aidan was doing things to me that I couldn't explain, he makes me blink alot when I'm speechless, my cheeks get hot and there's a funny feeling that settles at the pit of my stomach when he was present.

None of that felt like me, like things I would normally do or feel. It was different, and I didn't know why.

And as I watched him make my way towards me, I knew all of those things would repeat themselves.

I decided I'd ignore them.

"Hey." He said, taking a seat and pulling it to the front of my desk.

"Good morning." I smiled, taking a few textbooks I hadn't brought out before, out of my school bag and placing it on my desk.

He chuckled softly. "Don't you think it's too early to make use of a textbook today? It's still morning."

I looked at him, picking my textbooks up. "The Economics teacher isn't in school and we have his subject next. I'm going to the library to study."

He smiled and stood up just as I did. "Can I come?"

I raised a brow. "Our study session isn't until minutes after lunch break, you know."

He nodded. "I'm aware, but I'd still like to come with you."

I looked at him with a brow raised.

"In case you have a hard time reaching top shelves." He quickly added.