°35°

° ° ° ° ° °
TAMMY:
° ° ° ° ° °
A week had passed and our exams were fast approaching. Mandel had been absent all through out the week, and the students of Diamond High were quite pleased with that.

Her absence picked my interest the more and I had spent half the week, practically begging Ifeoluwa to let me in on her problem.

Funny how I still had the intention to help her, despite the nasty attitude she'd been putting up.

Presently, I was at Ifeoluwa's room, sitting by him, as we worked together on our assignments. I glanced at him and looked back at the Civic Education text book, then, looked at the door. I breathed in and out.

Sixth time's a charm.

I slammed the book shut, startling Ifeoluwa. He averted his gaze to me, his brows narrowed.

"Why?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes at him and voiced. "I don't get why you're keeping secrets from your own twin. Like, do you think I would blab it, or what? I really don't get it."

Ifeoluwa stared at me like I was crazy, going further to feel the temperature of my neck with the back of his palm.

"What secrets are you talking about?"

I rolled my eyes again. "The one about Mandel, of course."

He fell silent for a while before proceeding to let out an almost inaudible 'Oh'. He took in a deep breath, running his fingers through his curly hair. Then, he took my hands in his and stared at me straight in the eye. I looked back at him, my gaze unwavering and I nodded, urging him to speak.

"Tammy, It's not like I want to hide this from you. You're my sister, that's the last thing I'd want do but it's just..." He paused and sighed.

My eyes narrowed. "Just what, Ifeoluwa?"

"You might not take it so well."

My eyes narrowed and I sprang up immediately, forcefully pulling my hand out of his grip. "What do you mean I wouldn't take it so well?! Are you trying to say I act negative at every piece of information you tell me?!"

He placed his cheek on his left palm and raised a brow at me, giving me the look which meant as though I was reacting the exact way he knew I would.

My brows shut up. "Oh." I said. Then, sat back down next to him. "My bad."

He kept quiet for a while, it looked as though he was trying to find his words. Then, he took in a deep breath and exhaled again.

"Mandel's facing deep messy situations. She—"

"Oh please." I rolled my eyes. "That's not good enough a reason to treat everyone badly. No problem she's, apparently, going through can justify her wicked acts at school, Ifeoluwa, not one."

He sighed again, in frustration this time as I folded my arms and looked away.

"Do you wanna listen or not, Tammy?"

I sighed and looked back at him. "Sorry, go on."

He continued. "Like I said, her life's messed up right now."

No kidding. I dared not to say out loud.

He kept quiet for a while, trying to key in the right words and when I thought he wouldn't speak, he cleared his throat and looked at me.

"Mandel is—"

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I groaned at the interruption right then as Ifeoluwa stood up to get the door. I was so close to knowing.