°29°

° ° ° ° ° °
TAMMY:
° ° ° ° ° °
At last, the Monday came and I performed my morning routines before school to get myself prepared.

When I came down for breakfast, I decided to ignore Ifeoluwa, who sat just two dining seats away from me. He didn't speak either and I was very fine with that.

I took my breakfast quickly, and just when I was about to head for the car, I paused and turned around, approaching Mum and Dad.

"Mum, I'm going to see Mandel today after school. So if you come back early and I'm not home, just know that I'll be there." I told them, and mum nodded in reply.

I heard Ifeoluwa clear his throat, and feign a cough. I turned around and raised a brow at him, placing a hand on my waist.

"You sure you're going to Mandel's? You've been going there an awful lot lately." He said, rolling his eyes.

"And I don't see how that's your business." I snarled, walking passed him and out of the house.

We were fortunate to come to school early on a Monday and as usual, the students at school then we'ren't much.

Once the driver had parked the car, I pushed the door open and walked out, ignoring Ifeoluwa again as I headed for the school building.

You are a broken piece of glass that can be shattered. You are shattered. Look at you...

I gritted my teeth and increased my pace, wanting to get as far from Ifeoluwa as possible.

I wasn't shattered!

I clenched my fists and hastened my pace, refusing to look back at Ifeoluwa behind me until I had gotten to class.

I moved to my seat and dropped my bag on my desk, zipping it open and bringing out the books in my bag. When I was done, I hung the bag on the handle of my seat and turned around to move to the music studio, but just then, I paused and I felt my legs stick to the ground.

I looked ahead of me, completely frozen on the spot as a mix of emotions burst out and swirled round me all of a sudden. My lips parted but I continued to stare on in silence.

Aidan stood by the door, rubbing his hands at the back of his neck and waving at me.

"Hey Otamayomi." He smiled. "Been long."

He had a grey hoodie on top his uniform button T-shirt, and put the hood atop his head, making me unable to see his eyes clearly.

I still couldn't make out clear words to him.

The last time I'd seen him was on one of the days after Amorette's party.

The memories were hazy but they were still there.

We'd talked about stars, and I'd told him about everything that had happened with Joel. I had another attack in front of him, and yet, he still stood there smiling at me like I hadn't done any of that. And like I wasn't the weak person I knew I was.

I could never forget it.

He'd seen me weak and fragile twice, and instead of leaving me like Joel did, he asked to be friends and consoled me.

I blinked and smiled a bit. Slowly, before I realized it, I felt my hands around his waist and my head resting on his chest. I shut my eyes and finally let out in a low voice;

"Thank you."

For a moment, we both were silent. Until Aidan decided to speak up.

"For what?" He asked. Seconds passed.