°25°

° ° ° ° ° °
TAMMY:
° ° ° ° ° °
Another week had passed, with Amorette's unusual mood swings, Mandel's constant bullying.

And, oh yes, Ayomide's absence from school. He had been given a week's suspension after what he had done to the boy he fought who, we heard, was revived back to consciousness.

I wasn't sure why Amorette detested her sister so much. It wasn't hard to notice. I would always see her light brown eyes darken with spite at the mention of her sister. It always seemed as if any talk about her sister pissed her off, threw her off guard, or makes her give menacing looks to the people talking.

I was starting to get frustrated as to why I just couldn't have friends without problems.

It was a Sunday evening, and Mum and Dad had shooed Ifeoluwa and I out of the living room because they had a special show they intended to watch together. So, I had offered to give Ifeoluwa a makeover which he had suprisingly agreed to.

I snickered, trying not to burst into laughter as I painted Ifeoluwa's upper lip a dark shade of brown with my eye pencil. And when I was done, I used a little bit of my red lipstick on his lower lip.

I snickered again, placing my hands on the sides of his face and moving it to an angle I could see the make-up clearly. Ifeoluwa on the other hand, had his eyes pinned to his phone screen.

"Okay, I just put the lipstick and I'm going to apply the lipgloss now. Don't press your lips together, you're going to smudge it. Okay?" I told him, smiling proudly.

"Mmhmm." He muttered, his eyes still on his phone.

I scowled and flicked a finger on his forehead.

He groaned and rubbed the spot I had flicked him on, bringing his gaze to me and I smiled.

"Did you get that?" I asked.

"The lipstick stuff? You flicked me 'cause of that?" He bellowed and I giggled.

"Don't smudge, or I'll flick you again." I instructed as Ifeoluwa muttered incoherent words, still rubbing his forehead.

He looked so hilarious, especially with the lipstick I had applied on his lips.

I made use of my eyeliner on his eyelids, wiping off smudged marks or marks that were out of line, and when I was done, I placed my hands on the sides of his face again, bringing to the angle I could take a better look at what I had done.

"You're so pretty!" I gushed.

"Oh My Goosh, thank you so much!" Ifeoluwa replied in a terrible high-pitched voice, flipping his imaginary long hair. And unable to take it any longer, I pushed myself away from him and burst into laughter, rolling on the floor of his bedroom and pointing at his face until I stopped.

He began to stand up after I stopped laughing but I stopped him. "Wait!" I said. "There's one more thing. Be right back."

I ran out of his bedroom down to the living room where Mum and Dad were still watching their movie.

"Mum, can you lend me your wig?" I asked, stopping in front of her and Dad.

Dad furrowed his brows, glaring at me and I moved away from his view instinctively.

"What for?" She asked. "Move Otamayomi."

I moved away from her view too. "I'm giving Ifeoluwa a makeover and—"

"You're giving your brother a makeover?!" Dad asked, puzzled and I fought the urge not to burst out laughing again.

"Yes, Sir." I replied.