°17°

° ° ° ° ° °
AIDAN:
° ° ° ° ° °
"...You all are in SS3, this is a time for the academically weak students to sit up. I've said this a thousand times, cheating wouldn't do you any good. You would regret those actions in.... "

Those were the words of our Economics teacher, who was meant to be teaching us the topic of the day at the moment but decided to use his period to give another lecture.

Honestly, I had gotten tired of listening to him over and over and over again.

Don't cheat.

We get it!

He wasn't my main concern anyway, I had zoned out on him already because right then, I was busy with something else.

Otamayomi.

All I could actually stare at was the back of her head as she sat rows in front of me, but even then, I still couldn't help but ponder on the incident at my place, the panic attack, or whatever actually happened, and the fact that she was just really strange.

Throughout my years in this school, Diamond High, I had never had a partner like her before, never even seen a person as strange as she is but yet, she brought memories.

I stared at her as she silently listened to the rants of the Economics teacher.

She was totally different from the person that had broken down at my place.

Everything seemed so confusing and incomprehensible. I still didn't get why she feared music so much, why she began to cry, because of music and why she started to panic, because of music even though she had poked her head into the music studio that day as if she really did want to join in.

Yet, a part of me had caused me to wear a smile thinking of that same incident at my place.

Despite the fact that she had streams of tears flowing down her face and had gotten into some sort of panic attack, something hit me, then.

Watching her break down in my room that day, the way she had wailed as if to let out so much emotional pain, the way her body shook so much as she cried, and the way she had effortlessly and melodiously played and sang to that song 'chandelier by Sia', she reminded me of myself.

Her sobs and cries sounded like dulcet mewls to my ears, her panic-stricken eyes were things I'd describe as pretty glistening orbs turned dark by pain with nothing more but a flicker of light dancing in them, and I was stupefied by the little I had heard her sing.

I probably sounded wierd saying those things, things a normal person wouldn't have seen or felt when another was in a bad state, right?

I guess I was wierd then.

I couldn't see her as the Otamayomi that reminded me of Imogen right then, no. She looked rather shattered, as if she had been holding back so much for a long time, damaged.

And worst of all, she looked alone.

Growing up, when I still had mother, I was taught not to judge people as everyone had a problem they had to go through.

Never for once had I believed that, never. That people could live a life as bitter as mine or worse.

But when she cried that day, she had brought a totally different but resplendent definition to the word 'broken'.

I tilted my head to the side as I continued to stare at the back of her head.

Still, something was definitely off with the girl.

The automatic bell went off for lunch break, and the Economics teacher finally strode out of the classroom. Slowly, everyone else began to walk out of the class room too as I stayed rooted to my seat.