°7°

° ° ° ° ° °
TAMMY:
° ° ° ° ° °
The least thing I felt like doing at the moment was to head over to the Cafeteria and sit in the middle of Mandel and Amorette. I knew Amorette didn't like me much even though I wasn't sure why and I wasn't in the mood to tolerate her nonsense.

Suprisingly, Ayomide had volunteered to keep me company in class. I was never a fan of staying alone anyway, so I let him.

I grabbed my pack of popcorn as I listened to Ayomide tell a story about him being chased by a bull.

"... I was so scared, I thought I was going to die. I was so mad at my older brother that day for convincing me to put on my red t-shirt, I was actually convinced that he had set me up... " And he continued that way.

About ten minutes later, I realized Ayomide hadn't eaten anything aside the pack of biscuit I had given him.

"Aren't you hungry?" I asked, raising a brow at him.

He continued to speak for a while, but as if realizing something, he immediately stopped talking and turned to me, slightly startled and confused.

"Aren't you hungry?" I repeated. "It's lunch break just so you know."

"Oh." He let out and waved his hand briefly. "Na, I'm not."

I nodded my head slowly as I continued to eat my popcorn. "We have a free period after lunch break, what are you gonna do?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Play games probably."

He chuckled as he shook his head. "No, I mean— Didn't 'Mandel' tell you anything about this school?"

I shrugged. "She listed out the top ten hottest guys in our grade. You were included."

Ayomide's smile grew into a wide grin as he dusted imaginery dirt of his shirt and raised his collar.

I raised a brow at him and folded my arms. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Feeling proud. It wasn't easy." He said.

I scoffed and let out a small laugh. "Those were the words of 'Mandel Johnson', the girl you dislike, not a group of hot girls."

"It was still something." He said. "In this school, the name 'Free period' is just a cover up for club activities."

My eyes widened as a popcorn fell of my hand and fell to the ground. I frowned and let out a groan.

Ayomide chuckled and folded his arms. "It's club activities not house chores." He said.

"I hate activities in general." I said. "And, why don't they just have those on Fridays instead of between periods?"

He shrugged. "The school put it that way."

"So, what club are you in?" I asked.

"Arts." He said. "Which one are you in?"

"Oh, I'm not in any." I said shaking my head.

"Well, you have to. It's mandatory." He said, causing me to groan again. "C'mon, you've got to enjoy, at least, one activity. Name it."

"Hmm." I said, thinking briefly. I wasn't sure I had interests in any activity.

I hated sports.

I wasn't into tech stuffs.

Never a fan of acting....

"Nope. There's no activity that's caught my interest." I said.

Ayomide shook his head. "There's got to be something. Think deeper."