°30°

° ° ° ° ° °
AIDAN:
° ° ° ° ° °
It felt good finally coming back to Nigeria, away from all the doctors, nurses and medications, even though I had a few I had to take home with me.

I made sure to get to school before the time for the assembly. I didn't need the attention of people who hadn't seen me in weeks.

To my surprise though, Otamayomi was the first person I saw that morning, taking things out of her school bag.

I hadn't seen her in weeks, that was for sure. Seeing her there made me sincerely wish she actually cared enough to, at least, ask of me once. I instantly remembered what Samuel and Ayomide told me at the hospital and I smiled.

Otamayomi? Worried about me?

Just then, while I still stood by the door, staring at her, she turned around and spotted me. The look on her face was incredulous and I fought the urge to laugh.
She looked like she'd seen a ghost. I smiled instead, and subconsciously, rubbed the back of my neck with my palm.

"Hey, Otamayomi. Been long." I told her, still smiling. She didn't say anything afterwards, instead, she stood there and continued to look at me, the shocked looked still on her face. Then, to my greatest surprise and amusement, she hugged me.

The Otamayomi everyone knew had willingly hugged me.

I got shocked, I wasn't sure what to do. So, I just bent my head and stared at her instead, shocked.

We had a brief conversation after that, where I tried to confirm what Ayomide had said.

I had my fingers crossed that she cared and still didn't have a grudge against me. In the end, she claimed she was just being nice. I tried to hide the sadness I felt though as my hopes of hearing her say she was worried dropped.

Why did I care, anyways?

I groaned and creased my brows at the thoughts. First day of school after I came back from Europe and this was the first thing I had to think about? I tried to push those thoughts away as I told myself that I didn't care.

I planned to speak to her and convince her to come with me to the music studio. I knew she enjoyed music and I had a song I wanted to play for her on my phone but I hadn't gotten the time to speak to her throughout the periods.

Samuel and Ayomide were busy having a sort of eating contest while Ifeoluwa, Otamayomi's twin brother sat beside Ayo and watched, shaking his head and smiling occasionally. I just tried to make sure the food they ate in a rush didn't end up spilling onto mine.

I stole a glance at the cafeteria door after it was open and my eyes fell on Otamayomi who walked in cheerfully with Amorette.

I liked the way she walked. Always strutting in grandly. Her pretty face held up high, nose sometimes flared, moving graciously and confidently, like a damn Queen.

She stopped at the front of the snacks shack and continued to speak with Amorette, smiling and laughing occasionally at the topic they talked about.

She was pretty when she smiled. If only she did that more often.

"I won!"

I looked away from Otamayomi and rested my gaze on Samuel, who stood up triumphantly, cheering himself on and yelling excitedly at Ayomide's face.
Ifeoluwa stood by Samuel, holding and raising his hands up as if to show the declaration of his win.

"Winner!" He said.

Ayo had a pout, glaring playfully at his brother and looked at the food he hadn't been able to finish. "I didn't wear the right shoes today."