°38°

° ° ° ° ° °
TAMMY:
° ° ° ° ° °
Today was the absolute worst!

I had a headache, and I hardly ever had headaches. I didn't want to get up this morning, and my mum seemed convinced that it was best I stayed back but no, Ifeoluwa had to butt in on everything, and now I was at school, rubbing my temples with my fingers and hoping the medications I took would make the headache go away quicker.

Perhaps Ifeoluwa refused to let me stay back because he know, for a fact, that I had stayed up until 3 AM last night, watching a series and had only slept for two hours before I began to prepare for school.

I've learnt my lesson.

"Ifeoluwa." I groaned, my lips in a pout and my eyes, shut.

The English language teacher fell ill today, we therefore had no class and I decided to go see Amorette and Ifeoluwa.

Isat on Amorette's seat in their classroom, resting my head and doing absolutely nothing other than that. Amorette herself sat on the desk before me, tapping away on her phone again, and I noticed these days that whenever she used it, she got really jumpy and protective of it. That alone was suspicious.

"Hmm?" He replied, not taking his eyes off his commerce textbook as he sat on the seat beside me.

"My head hurts soo bad." I groaned. "I hate you."

The corner of his lips went up and he averted his gaze from the textbook to me. He stared back at me with an amused smile.

"Really?" He asked. Then, he leaned forward and pinched my cheeks. "You're so cute when you're mad."

I pouted and glared at him, pushing his hands away from my face.

I turned my face to meet Amorette's to find her still on her phone.

I raised a brow. "Are you gonna marry that stuff or what?"

She looked up at me, startled someone had spoken to her and then, confused at my question.

"Huh?"

"The phone." I nudged my head at her hands. "You're always on it. Take a break."

She stared at me for a while, letting my words sink in.

"Oh." She said, and smiled. She didn't say anything other than that and she was back on her phone again.

I sighed and turned my gaze to Ifeoluwa. I watched him stare at his textbook for a while, until something in my head clicked and I remembered I had something to talk to him about. I pulled my chair closer to his seat and sat beside him. I watched him for another while until, finally, he sighed and looked up at me, shutting his book.

"Can I help you?"

I leaned forward and said. "I can't be the only one to have noticed that strange little Junior girl, have I?"

He raised a brow at me. "What girl?"

I sighed, thinking for a while on how to describe her to him.

"She's kind of small for her grade, she's Mandel's complexion.." I trailed off and thought for a while. "She's alone most of the time."

He, too, thought for a while. "I don't really take note of the Junior students in this school. So, I don't really follow." And then, he shrugged.

I sighed. "I saw her by the stairs some days ago. Well, she fell down the stairs and I met her laying on the floor. I was shocked, scared for her life and I screamed."

I continued after a short pause. "She sat up briefly after and just stared into space, clutching her knees to her chest. Just as I was about to walk down and help her up, some girl in our grade walked up the staircase below me and began yelling at the girl. She screamed, and complained, and insulted. Do you know the most shocking part?"