°39°

° ° ° ° ° °
TAMMY:
° ° ° ° ° °
Economics was the subject for the next period, but I wasn't in class.

I waltzed through the hallway freely, and that was only thanks to the flimsy excuse I gave the teacher saying I had to use the restroom. That was, in fact, where I had decided to head towards, but when I got to the metallic door of the girl's bathroom, I didn't stop. My feet took control and moved me on its own accord passed the door to the girls' bathroom.

I found myself heading for the stairs instead and then, I walked down to the end of the hallway, until finally, I stopped before a door to the music studio.

I was supposed to walk in, shut the door and carry out what I had wanted to, but for some strange reason, I couldn't. 

I stood before the door, staring at in silence, pondering on why I had decided to ditch a period for this.

Satisfaction. Happiness. My sub-conscious reminded.

That was right. Slowly, I was starting to do what I loved again. I still couldn't perform with an audience, Joel's words hadn't left my head completely.

But, I smiled, slowly, I was making progress. I was growing, and I was gradually healing.

I turned the door knob and stepped into the large room with a smile. It was dark and perfectly silent.

I didn't bother putting on the lights because I wanted it that way, I found my way to the piano through the dark. I got a seat behind it and sat down. Then, I lightened up the area around my seat with my phone torchlight.

I didn't play right away. I rested my back on the wall and reached for the phone in my skirt pocket. Bringing it out, I put on my ear pods and connected it to my phone, I tapped and scrolled on it for a while until I found the song I was looking for.

I tapped, and a brief moment after, Love Me Back by Trinidad Cardino began to play. I shut my eyes and smiled, slowly swinging my head to the melody of the song.

🎶You don't make it easy to leave, Baby,🎶

🎶Playing when you got what you need baby,🎶

🎶You know I don't like when you tease baby🎶

My lips parted and I sang along to the song, lowly, almost as low as a whisper. I really loved the rhythm to the song and realization slapped me with the fact that I'd been missing a lot, choosing to keep music by a corner.

🎶You say you love me then,🎶

🎶You wanna be my friend,🎶

🎶I gave you all my loving, girl,🎶

🎶And then you ran away,🎶

Before I realized what I was doing, I wasn't just swaying my head, my body moved rhythmically to the beat of the song as I remained seated on the chair.

About a minute after, the song came to an end. I didn't tap to play another song, rather, I remained seated with my back to the wall, staring into space with a smile.

What music does to me, I couldn't explain.

I stared at the piano keys before me, suddenly feeling inspired to play a song. My smile grew wider and I set my phone on the top of the piano, inclining it to an angle I could see the screen. I placed my fingers lightly before the keys, tapped on Play and began to play the piano in sync to the music on the phone.

I watched my hands move with expertise through the keys and I giggled, amused at my experience in music.

Soon, I broke into the song with my voice. It awed me each time I listened to myself sing, I was reminded somewhat of Taylor Swift and I was too stunned to believe I sounded like her.