°49°

° ° ° ° ° °
TAMMY:
° °  ° ° ° °
Since the exams commenced on Tuesday, I've been too busy studying to be around anyone at school.

It was either I was reading early in the morning before the assembly and the one hour we had to study before exams, after the assembly or I was stuck in the library with a truckload of books, mostly re-reading the books I read at home and at my previous stays in the library.

My friends hadn't had time to see me either. Amorette mostly spent her study time with her friend, Maidaki, trying to help her catch up to certain topics at the last minutes.

Ayomide, too, had been studying for the exams, but he decided to start with his at the dying minute, of course.

Mandel. I sighed just thinking of her. I had no idea if she studied at all, all I noticed throughout the week was how she had tried telling and explaining to everyone that she hadn't been the person responsible for posting that article on the senior students' WhatsApp group. No one believed her, of course. Even I had my doubts. For one, it seemed like something she was very capable of doing. Secondly, she wrote her name just after she ended the article.

Eventually, Daniella had come up to everyone in the middle of the exam week, making a sudden announcement that she had been the one to post the article, talking about how all she wanted was a 'little drama' and fun.

Mandel wanted to put up a fight with her, hearing that, but Daniella must've thought things through before suddenly coming out to admit she did something that could attract punishments and negative behavior from the students.

She dared Mandel to speak, reminding her and everyone else how much her Dad contributed to the school and how she could get her way, making her seem like the victim instead. Then, she waltzed away like nothing had ever happened.

After that day, I barely saw Mandel. I would never see her before the assembly or even the one hour before exams, but once the exams begins, I would see her in the classroom, writing her exams like everyone else. Immediately the exams were over, she would disappear again, and no one cared enough to know. She fell unusually quiet during the exam week too, but none of that stopped her from being mean, and cruel to everyone.

Lastly, Aidan. He was busy too. Aside the exams he had to study for and write, he kept going to the music studio and taking up rehearsals with two guys, one of them who was an SS 2 student.

He refused to let me in. In fact, he refused to let anyone in to watch them rehearse and it bothered me, it got me even more curious, but each time I tried to watch or listen to them secretly, I would end up getting caught.

My thoughts went back to the last time we were together and I found myself feeling giddy inside. I laughed at myself.

In all honest, I was happy, I was still in disbelief, I was touched. I felt so many things at once when he...

I smiled.

When he confessed his feelings to me.

The way he described me, gosh! In my head, I did see a beautiful strong goddess, but that wasn't me, I refused to believe it.

I blushed like crazy at everything he said and did. When he took out that inhaler and showed it to me, I suddenly realized how totally different he was from Joel, and I felt disappointed in myself for ever thinking that in the first place.

"Tammy!" Someone yelled, shaking me out of my thoughts.

I widened my eyes, realizing I had zoned out. Ayomide looked back at me with widened eyes, mirroring mine and a questioning look.

I looked around the table and saw everyone else staring at me with confused looks.

It was the last days of our exams and it had already come to an end. So, to celebrate the effort we put into studying and relax, we decided to hang out after school at a small restaurant called Sweet Chops. I felt excited about it and out of generosity, I decided to invite Tihana and Amaya, the girl from the slumber party. Unfortunately, Chloe found out about it and decided to tag along since her best friend also would.