°6°

° ° ° ° ° °
TAMMY:
° ° ° ° ° °
This wasn't my phone!

Was the first thought that came to my mind the next day, when I had picked up the phone to dial Mandel's number. To check up on her.

The phone looked just like mine, even it's pouch looked fairly similar to mine, but it still wasn't mine.

I was worried. What if someone else took my phone and would never bring it back? What if I've lost my number and everything else in it?

Gosh!

I put the phone back on again. What a gave away the phone's difference from mine was it's home screen, lock screen wallpaper and the fact that there was no crack on the screen.

The wallpaper had light blue and neon glow colours in the background, with various musical notes dancing around it and coming out of an acoustic guitar.

My phone's home screen wallpaper was yellow- filled, and there was a writing on the middle of the wallpaper which said 'I'm strong, I'm unique. It's good to be me!'

This phone didn't even have a password lock or something.

Having nothing to do that morning, I decided to go through the phone. And I swiped up and down, left and right until I finally decided to check out its photos.

The door to my room was pushed open, and in came a sleepy Ifeoluwa. I stood up immediately and pulled him into the room.

"God! Ife, just look at this." I said.

He rubbed his eyes with his hands and let out a yawn as he stretched his arms.

"Wake up! It's ten O'clock. You're too fund of sleeping." I said and shook my head.

He ignored my words and sat on the little stool beside my dresser.

"Anyways, look." I said, showing him the phone. "I took someone else's phone by mistake last night."

"Then where's yours?" He asked, still looking at me sleepily.

"That's the problem." I said frowning. "I don't know who took it."

Ifeoluwa sat on my bed and smiled. "Well, you have a whole year to find it. Good luck!" He said, then stood up and walked out of my room again.

I frowned as I watched him walk out of the room. Then, I laid back on the bed and stared at the phone again.

I unlocked it and decided to go to the phone's gallery, hoping it could help me figure out its owner to enable me return it.

The only things I could see in the gallery were pictures of music instruments, videos of some of the school's events and photos of some kids taken years ago.

Until finally, a particular picture caught my eye. It was a picture of a guy sitting on a chair at the end of a room, he looked isolated and alone as he played his musical instrument, an acoustic guitar. And he looked so happy.

Whoever he was, he must really like music.

He looked oddly familiar though, like I had seen him somewhere.

Yes! He was the guy Mandel had told me was annoying and proud. The one I had seen Ayomide with, and the person I had bumped into on the first day of school.

"The guy that just past us now, don't let his fine face deceive you, he's a very big idiot. He's so annoying and arrogant just cos he's fine."

Those words that I had recalled immediately made me feel disgusted to even hold his phone.