°10°

° ° ° ° ° °
AIDAN:
° ° ° ° ° °
I sat on one end of the wide dining table alone in the large but empty dining room, with a spoon put into a bowl of oatmeal cereal. I scooped some oatmeal and lazily brought it up to my mouth, I parted my lips and put the content in.

This, I did until the bowl was empty.

I sighed and picked up my phone just as it began to ring. I picked the call and brought the phone up to my ear.

"Good morning Sir." I greeted.

"Morning Son. I just wanted to check up on you. How are you doing?" He asked.

For a moment I didn't speak. Not because I  didn't want to but because his reason for calling suprised me.

When had Dad ever had the time to 'check up on me'.

"I'm fine Sir." I said.

"Of course you are. Hope their feeding you well? I don't want to see you lean when I get back.. like last time." He said and I rolled my eyes.

I was lean for a different reason.

"They're feeding me well." I said. "Dad, I wanted to tell you, by the way. My friends and I are—"

"Okay, bye. Son, I have to go now. We'll talk later." He said and cut the call.

I sighed in frustration and dropped the phone back on the dining table, leaning back on the chair I sat.

I shouldn't have bothered picking the call in the first place. I should've known better.

When my Dad, also know as Jordan Wilson, a billionaire who owns the third largest company in all of Africa was too busy growing his business empire, going on numerous business trips, getting invited to exclusive interviews and the likes, there was hardly ever time to remember he has a son.

A young lady, probably in her late teens or early twenties who goes by the name, Martha walked into the dining room and took the bowl I had eaten breakfast with, then, began to leave, but not before not so casually brushing her ass on my face with a smirk playing on her lips.

I glared at her as she cat-walked out of the room.

My phone buzzed beside me and I was quick to pick it.

"Yo!" Came a voice at the other end of the line. "Aidan, don't forget our match today. It's eleven already. It's gonna start soon."

I groaned loudly as I stood up from the dining chair.

Why wasn't I happy to play the match with my friends?

Oh yes, I wasn't in support of it taking place so early!

"Bro, you there?" Ayomide asked.

"Yeah. I'll be there soon." I told him, and he cut the call.

I puffed and walked out of the dining room, walked through our unnecessarily large living room and up the staircase.

Two workers were at the two ends of the hallway, both doing the same chore of cleaning the floors. I greeted both as they were obviously older than I was, and stepped into my bedroom.

I took my clothes off and changed into my tracksuit. Then, grabbed two bottles of water from my table and tossed it into a bag.

In search of a third one, I searched the desk but didn't find it. So, I decided to search the chest of drawers instead.

I slid a drawer out and luckily for me, the bottle of water laid there on top of a pile of plain paper.

Along with a little framed photo.