°26°

Dedicated to AgiFavor

° ° ° ° ° °
TAMMY:
° ° ° ° ° °
I smiled.

Watching Amorette talk happily to a fellow female student made me smile for an odd reason as I folded my arms and leaned on the wall directly opposite them.

Aside the tantrums she'd put up at the mention of her sister's name, she didn't seem as bad as she was at the beginning of the term.

She smiled more often, mingled more often, and seemed genuinely happy at the new change of things.

I couldn't help but wonder, why she had become friends with Mandel at the beginning and if her friendship with Mandel had meant nothing to her as she barely spoke of her.

I also wondered, why she had decided to part from Mandel just this term, and why she had put up with all of Mandel's supposedly wicked acts in the past.

"Yeah, totally." Were two words I was able to make out of their conversation.

The smile that was plastered on Amorette's face faultered, and her brows began to crease. She glared at the girl next, clenched her fists and walked out on the girl who had been unaware of Amorette's change in expression.

My brows furrowed too and I sighed.

The girl had probably began to talk about Quinn Walker, Amorette's elder sister.

"Ugh! I hate it! I hate that! I hate her!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air and storming to my direction.

I placed my hands on my temple and massaged it, not ready to have the talk with Amorette again.

I had given up asking Amorette the reason she despised her sister so much.

I walked into her class, as she followed behind me and it was unfortunately noisy, as the teachers were having another meeting with the principal because, apparently, a parent of a junior student came to the school the previous week, making a complaint on some of the teachers.

One of them turned to my direction and groaned. "Ilori, you have your class naa. Stop coming here abeg."

I walked passed him, ignoring his entire existence until I had gotten to Ifeoluwa's seat. He looked up from the note he was copying and smiled.

"My pen ink's finished. Do you have a spare?" I asked, smiling at him.

"Yeah, it's in my bag. The smallest part of the bag." He said and I nodded, unzipping that part and taking out a pen.

Then, I walked up to Amorette who sat grumpily on her seat.

"What happened?" I asked.

She sighed. "The girl, who I'm guessing is a new student, walked up to me when I walked out of my classroom and began to gush about how good the school's website looked. She said it's awesome."

"She said she was amazed at my knowledge of web design because, I created the school's website when I was in JSS1. The school's previous crashed and I offered to help, they didn't let me but I was really stubborn and went ahead to make one. I showed it to them, they were amazed and offered me some cash. That stuff."

She continued. "I felt really happy and proud of myself when the girl was speaking of me like that, but then, she started to talk about my sister, who once attended this school and made a name for herself here as an Einstein and a great actress. The school participate in various academic and talent-based competitions annually, and one in particular was a play contest. Sister dearest won the school prizes every year in that competition and the academic ones."